Torchwood

Michelle

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine (completely manic Torchwood fan) went to a screening of the new series and Q&A, apparantly they not saying yet when it's airing, but my friend has a theory.

They said at the Q&A that they're still not saying when the 3rd series airs and that they won't confirm or deny that it'll be on at the same time as BBC America.

The intention was that it would air after the radio shows, which we now know are on radio 4 1-3 July.

The dvd release of Children of Earth is 27 July.

So they should be airing it between those dates! That's my theory anyway!

I adore Torchwood :D I only started watching last year half way through Series 2 but then I watched repeats and have nearly seen them all now. I was going to get the DVDs but they were really expensive. I thought I heard that the third series was going to air in June, but there isn't much of June left now :) I can't wait.

I think Torchwood is brilliant and I have to say that John Barrowman is absolutley gorgeous :). The last episode was so sad when Tosh and Owen died.

I have heard that Torchwood is to start in July and I have a feeling that Martha and Mickey from Doctor Who are going to replace Tosh and Owen after watching the Doctor Who episode about the Bad Wolf.

The BBC Press Office released the press pack for Series 3 of Torchwood yesterday, and they usually do that just before they announce it in the schedules. The programme info is updated on a Thursday afternoon, so I'm guessing (and it is only my guess) that the schedule for Week 27 (4-10 July) will be published tomorrow afternoon and will include the scheduling of Torchwood.

The BBC Press Office have confirmed that Torchwood: Children of Earth will be broadcast during week 27 (4th-10th July), but it is still showing as "unplaced", meaning that the exact days and times are not finalised. I think the plan was always to show it on consecutive weeknights at 9pm, so probably start on Monday 6th July running through to Friday 10th July.

I can't wait at all. I don't like that there are only 5 episodes but at least they're all on next week so we don't have to wait :D I nearly bought the DVD of the first series because it was on sale but I had already spent too much money :lol:

Ahead of Torchwood: Children of Earth screening on BBC1 next week, Radio 4 are airing three audio dramas over the next few days.

The first, Asylum, aired this afternoon, but fear not if you missed it, those nice people at the Beeb are making them available for download - free of charge - for the next seven days.

Go here: Torchwood downloads for the first one!

Thought last night's episode was amazing - I'm watching it on BBC3 at 11.45pm every night after everyone's gone to bed so I don't get interrupted!

This is the first time I have ever watched Torchwood and so far am quite enjoying it (although I'm not a great fan of Sci Fi). Hope tonight reveals the real reason for the series as I would like to see some action now......:D

This has been absolutely brilliant so far! :smile2: I'm loving it. When I heard they were going to do five episodes showing over five consecutive nights, I didn't think I'd like it, but thank goodness they are because I couldn't wait a week between these episodes!

I loved Gwen's escape from the bad guys last night, where she literally fought her way out of danger and got away. I have to compare that to pathetic Ianto, who basically ran away quite slowly (in a straight line, making himself an easier target), but luckily the guy shooting at him obviously couldn't hit a barn door and completely missed him!

Poor old Jack! I couldn't believe what they did to him last night! ;) The :D .

Also loving all the humour. Generally, this is finally more grown up, taking itself seriously and doing it rather well.