What vexes you?

Zumii

I must admit I've only ever brought about 3 second hand books & that's because an ex pretty much forced me to (thankfully I came to my senses .. about the ex that is not the books lol). I'm not sure why that is, I know there are some fab bargains to be had with second hand books, but I always prefer to buy new.

Stickers can be really annoying though! Some are fab & easily peel off, others seem to have been super glued into place :blush:. When I buy a book with a sticker the first thing I do about 2 steps outside of the shop, is remove the blooming thing before it gets any ideas about staying put (if it hasn't already).

When it comes to bookmarks I'm not too fussy. I'm currently using a

Frankly, what others do with their books doesn't bother me.

What does vex me is purchasing a book on-line that the seller claims to be in "new" or "like new" condition and when it arrives it is clearly not so. ;)

Magazines that charge the subscription fee on my credit card, and I haven't authorized it. GRRRRRRRRR:motz:;)

Just discovered the charge on my bill...they call it a renewal, and when I phoned, all I can get is the canned recording, press 1 for _____, press 2_____, etc. Supposedly I've canceled it, but I'm calling the bank tomorrow and blocking them from EVER doing that again. :D

Magazines that charge the subscription fee on my credit card, and I haven't authorized it. GRRRRRRRRR:motz::D

Just discovered the charge on my bill...they call it a renewal, and when I phoned, all I can get is the canned recording, press 1 for _____, press 2_____, etc. Supposedly I've canceled it, but I'm calling the bank tomorrow and blocking them from EVER doing that again. :lol:

;) that doesn't sound good at all! Hope you get it sorted.

• 1 month later...

This.. I was with a friend of mine recently and she spilled coffee all over my book! she was like "oh I just spilled coffee on your book haha".. I think she laughed because it was awkward and didn't exactly know how to respond. I know how to respond either because I really try to keep my books nice besides normal wear and tear as I read them. I didn't really get mad or anything, but it bugged me the whole rest of the time I was reading it.

It also bugs me when I cannot find a book mark to use, I really hate just using scrap pieces of paper or random things.