Waterworks.

Coffin Nail

Despite my great age this thread isn't about my girlie plumbing.

I was going to call it the 'Pass me a Tissue' thread, but that has more sinister connotations.

What songs make you cry?

Is it the song itself? Is it because you associate it with someone long gone? When you get dumped and need a wallow, your mascara is running into the Ben and Jerry's, what is playing on the stereo?

Imogen Heap 'Hide and Seek'. After I left my last boyfriend, his best friend was lovely, supportive and friendly. He said this had been his wallowing song during his awful awful breakup, and it became mine. The line 'Oily marks appear on walls/Where pleasure moments hung before' gets me every time.

There are a few that make me overly emotional, that I like to listen to alone, I can't quite remember them all atm but one I do know, makes me cry is Story by Lene Marlin (she is speaking to someone who commited suicide, it makes me think of my Uncle who did so not too long ago) actually alot of Lene Marlin's songs touch me deeply, always have since the age of 14 and probably always will. :blush:

Edited by chrysalis_stage

Nothing Compares To You by Sinead O'Connor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUiTQvT0W_0&playnext_from=TL&videos=oJICjArlfWk&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-2r-8-HM

If this doesn't bring a lump to your throat, you're tougher than me :tong:

Yep, that's a fave weepy for me too!

'Letter To Hermione' by David Bowie is another teary for me. :lol::blush:

'Letter To Hermione' by David Bowie is another teary for me. :D:tong:

you know Chrissy I'm a huge Bowie fan but I've never heard that song before. The lyrics are sad :) The music is quite unlike Bowie's usual sound, it rather reminded me of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (if you remember them :lol:)

Amazing Grace makes me cry - does it count as it is a hymn? It was played at my grandad's funeral.

I can't sing Amazing Grace without getting a lump in my throat and coming over all emotional :blush:

I am a total nelly. Loads of songs make me cry. I have to be careful that the little offenders don't make it on my Ipod in case I start sobbing in the plant aisle in Wilkos.

Forever Young- Bob Dylan and Imagine--John Lennon are an absolute no-no. Played at my Dad's funeral. Enough said.

Anything animal relate, Peter Gabriel's-That'll do from Babe 2, if it ever comes on the Radio I have to switch it over. My oh used to take great delight in turning it up and watching my reaction, even the first few bars or catching a single chorus and I'm sobbing. It's really odd. I know its ridiculous.

Bright Eyes-Garfunkel.....same goes.

There are loads more, but as usual senior momentism has defeated me. My memory is absolute pants.:blush: