What are you listening to? (part 3)

Maureen

I agree, Jonathan's voice is really distinctive and unique, I love it! I love it how he can use it to shout and whisper and sing softly. I admit that I only have Take a Look in the Mirror, See You on the Other side and Untitled. I do have some other albums as well but I have them on my other computer which I don't use any more so I mainly listen to those three albums. I like the earlier stuff and the dark tones they have but like you said I really enjoy those more experimental albums of the later years. And I love how they can make really thought-provoking, disturbing stuff, but at the same time they can make songs where they don't take themselves too seriously.

Have you seen the episode of South Park where Korn visited? I loved them in Monk as well :) Such well behaved and gentle souls :D Monk had a real problem with the R that was written all wrong :D

I'm currently listening to Korn on Spotify, so the songs are in a random order.

They are a very under-rated band, again lumped in with a label of the late nineties and early 2000's, people should just take a band on their own merits and Korn are definitely unique and innovative with what they do. I need to check out a lot of the later stuff, I have every album up to SYOTOS and songs here and there from post that album. A couple songs here and there are typical angst but good fun, and others are more adventurous and provoking. They are a great live band too, Jonathan really nails his vocals and gets into it. I saw that episode, it was fun :lol:

You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire - Queens of the Stone Age

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening to Korn on Spotify yet again. I've just discovered the beauty of the song Alone I Break!

They are a very under-rated band, again lumped in with a label of the late nineties and early 2000's, people should just take a band on their own merits and Korn are definitely unique and innovative with what they do. I need to check out a lot of the later stuff, I have every album up to SYOTOS and songs here and there from post that album. A couple songs here and there are typical angst but good fun, and others are more adventurous and provoking. They are a great live band too, Jonathan really nails his vocals and gets into it. I saw that episode, it was fun :)

I had no idea they are underrated? I mean, I don't actually know the Finnish consensus of the band but I figured they're doing pretty good here and so I thought they'd be doing great elsewhere as well. Too bad it that's not the case, people are missing out! They have really original songs, morbid ones and humorous ones as well. How many bands have invented a song on the known gimmick of the label A.D.I.D.A.S?? They've also done some great covers, the Metallica song and The Lowrider, which is really fantastic. I've also just discovered their version of the Pink Floyd song We Don't Need No Education which I think is better than the original one.

You've actually seen them play live?? I'm soooo jealous :D The acoustic versions are overall excellent as well, they do a couple of songs I thought would be just absolutely impossible to play as acoustic versions.

I had no idea they are underrated? I mean, I don't actually know the Finnish consensus of the band but I figured they're doing pretty good here and so I thought they'd be doing great elsewhere as well. Too bad it that's not the case, people are missing out! They have really original songs, morbid ones and humorous ones as well. How many bands have invented a song on the known gimmick of the label A.D.I.D.A.S?? They've also done some great covers, the Metallica song and The Lowrider, which is really fantastic. I've also just discovered their version of the Pink Floyd song We Don't Need No Education which I think is better than the original one.

Alone I Break is a great song, Tearjerker from SYOTOS is a great introspective song too. I think they are under appreciated in a musician sense because they are simply thrown in that whole nu-metal label thing, which is ridiculous and launched some great bands as every apparent 'label' thing does amongst the rubbish. They are a massive band so maybe under-rated is a bad choice. A band that can do innovative and interesting covers is the sign of real talent and dynamism, I liked their unplugged session too :D

First It Giveth - Queens of the Stone Age

Alone I Break is a great song, Tearjerker from SYOTOS is a great introspective song too. I think they are under appreciated in a musician sense because they are simply thrown in that whole nu-metal label thing, which is ridiculous and launched some great bands as every apparent 'label' thing does amongst the rubbish. They are a massive band so maybe under-rated is a bad choice. A band that can do innovative and interesting covers is the sign of real talent and dynamism, I liked their unplugged session too :lol:

First It Giveth - Queens of the Stone Age

Tearjerker is one of my favorites from the "ballads", as in slower songs. The beginning of the song always gives me chills, it's so beautiful and so melancholic. When I got the album, the first couple of times I couldn't listen to it without getting my eyes a bit teary :D

Ah, now I get what you meant by calling them underrated. The nu-metal genre is a bit difficult and I don't even know any people who'd like to use the term to describe a band.

Anyways, nice to know you're into their music as well, I guess we established that throughout our numerous posts :) BTW, QotSA is always a good choice too :D

Listening to Korn, again.

Tearjerker is one of my favorites from the "ballads", as in slower songs. The beginning of the song always gives me chills, it's so beautiful and so melancholic. When I got the album, the first couple of times I couldn't listen to it without getting my eyes a bit teary :)

Anyways, nice to know you're into their music as well, I guess we established that throughout our numerous posts :D BTW, QotSA is always a good choice too

It's a very powerful and beautiful song :) I like Love Song too, it's quite sarcastic but interesting. Qotsa is awesomeness I agree :D I could go on about them for several posts too xD

Like chrissy I had a winged friend entertaining me, a magpie just above my window squawking at me :lol: Not quite so melodic.

Rockin' in the Free World - Neil Young