Radio 2 breakfast: Sir Terry or Chris Evans?

Jim Mappelle

Who do you prefer  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer

• Sir Terry
    • Chris Evans
    • Not bothered

Well, UK BBC radio 2 listeners will be aware that the popular 'breakfast slot' has had a change of resident DJ this year from Sir Terry Wogan to Chris Evans.

What's the verdict?

For me I like them both; missing the Janet & John series though!

Jim

I like Chris - I stopped listening to Terry, as I didn't like the choice of music much, nothing against terry as such. The only bad point about Chris being on in the morning is he isn't on any longer on the drivetime show! I'm afraid I can't get into Simon Mayo. Stuart Maconie should have got the gig!

The only bad point about Chris being on in the morning is he isn't on any longer on the drivetime show! I'm afraid I can't get into Simon Mayo. Stuart Maconie should have got the gig!

I certainly agree about Simon Mayo - I used to enjoy his FiveLive talk show a lot, and thought he was an excellent interviewer and the subjects seemed well researched, but I just don't like him as a music/light entertainment presenter. I would have been happy with Stuart Maconie as well.

I'm also worried about who will replace Jonathan Ross on a Saturday morning ... I love when Liza Tarbuck and Huey Morgan stand in - they're brilliant together, but I haven't enjoyed Liza and Adam Buxton so much, however I adore Adam and Joe Cornish on 6Music, and if that station is to close, I'd love them to take over from JR on Radio 2. Unfortunately, Radio 2 is suffering after the ridiculously over the top reaction to the media hijacking of the Russell Brand/JR fiasco, and I'll think they'll end up playing safe with someone very middle of the road and dull. ;)

Sorry, I'll stop hijacking the thread :)

Used to listen to Wogan and he made me chuckle. Chris Evans is OK but a bit too excitable for the morning show, in my opinion. Seems a nice chap though and is very keen, bless him. Steve Wright, on the other hand, does terrible things to my blood pressure. I really cannot bear him.

I will miss Jonathan Ross

I miss the TOGs as much as I miss Terry. I used to listen to Chris Evans when he was on Radio one, but he got on my nerves so I started listening to Radio Two.

He's much better now, but I still prefer the Wogan.

Chris Evans for me. I listen to the radio every morning now, whereas before I never had the radio on. I found Terry Wogan so dull, but Chris Evans is so lively. A complete contrast, so I can understand why the majority of Wogan listeners aren't happy with the new arrangements.