Ouch!

Coffin Nail

I can't watch any scene where someone is shaving or has a razor near their throat, any scene which involves cutting someone's throat. For example, I love Sweeney Todd, my favourite song being the Johanna Reprise. But I cannot watch the scene :lol:

That scene from Hot Fuzz is another. :friends0:

The scene in The Road

where the boy and father go down into the cellar of the mansion and see all the starving people that the cannibals are keeping to eat.

Freaked me out. I think I audibly gasped in the cinema and I had to look away. D:

There are a couple of scenes in Antichrist that are definitely not for the faint-hearted! They made me feel a bit peculiar.

Secondly, the stabbing scenes in Zodiac are very realistic and although I'm not usually affected by violence in films, this upset me and I had to turn the film off. I've not heard anyone else mention these scenes though so maybe I was just overly sensitive that day! Who knows. I'm not prepared to give it another watch to find out though :friends0:

The Infamous dentist torture scene in the Marathon man.

"Is it safe?"

There's a french film called Irreversible, that had a 10minute scene in it, which if I saw it again would make me leave the room.

Edited by Eck

Any scene which has someone being injected with anything or shooting up. I'm terrified of needles and cannot watch this happening.

Any scene which has a spider in it - even just a tiny one. I am terrified of them and tend to avoid films I know will feature them. Strangely, though, I went to the cinema to see Arachnophobia. I think I hoped it would cure me of my fear. I did watch it, but my feet were tucked up under my on my seat the whole time and I think I actually made my phobia worse.

In The Bourne Identity, Jason is fighting with the assassin in the Paris appartment, and he attacks him with a biro, which ends up embedded in the assassins hand. When he pulls it out later on in the fight, my stomach flips. How can I cope with knives, guns, fists, but a biro freaks me out? Euwww.

Any scene which has a spider in it - even just a tiny one. I am terrified of them and tend to avoid films I know will feature them. Strangely, though, I went to the cinema to see Arachnophobia. I think I hoped it would cure me of my fear. I did watch it, but my feet were tucked up under my on my seat the whole time and I think I actually made my phobia worse.

I definitely agree with that. I have to look away even in Harry Potter. :friends0: I won't watch a film if I know there'll be a spider. I'm not interested in being in a room with one so definitely don't want a giant one on my screen :lol:

I can't watch any scene where someone is shaving or has a razor near their throat, any scene which involves cutting someone's throat.

This reminded me of Blackadder :

''... and we are all very grateful indeed that he stepped in at the last moment, when the previous returning officer accidentally brutally stabbed himself in the stomach while shaving.''

:friends0:

I remember the scene in The Piano when Ada's husband cuts her finger off, that made me pretty uncomfortable when I saw it for the first time as a kid. Not as horrible now as it was the first time :lol:

Secondly, the stabbing scenes in Zodiac are very realistic and although I'm not usually affected by violence in films, this upset me and I had to turn the film off. I've not heard anyone else mention these scenes though so maybe I was just overly sensitive that day! Who knows. I'm not prepared to give it another watch to find out though :friends0:

Zodiac is one of my favorite films, Mexicola, and I've seen it numerous times, but I'm not a fan of the violence in it. The stabbing scene being the worst, so I agree with you about that. The other scenes I just close my eyes, but I know where you're coming from :lol:.

I have trouble watching anything where people are tortured or impaled on things, yuck. I'm not a fan of gore so if there's blood it it has to be quick and fleeting otherwise I just shut my eyes.

Zodiac is one of my favorite films, Mexicola, and I've seen it numerous times, but I'm not a fan of the violence in it. The stabbing scene being the worst, so I agree with you about that. The other scenes I just close my eyes, but I know where you're coming from :lol:.

It's a shame I didn't get to finish it, if it's one of your faves - I'm almost bound to love it too :hug: Maybe I'll be brave and give it another go one day, just as long as I have a cushion at the ready I might be ok :friends0:

Then there's that scene in American History X involving someone's mouth and the curb that evokes a definite 'ouch!' from me.

It's a shame I didn't get to finish it, if it's one of your faves - I'm almost bound to love it too :D Maybe I'll be brave and give it another go one day, just as long as I have a cushion at the ready I might be ok :irked:

I think you might like it if you try watching it again one day! Are you usually a Fincher fan? I just like the way he films things and his attention to detail is excellent. If you decide you want to watch it, you'll probably be glad to know that only one death is by stabbing and the rest is by bullet. The fact that it's a true story too was just really interesting to me.

I think you might like it if you try watching it again one day! Are you usually a Fincher fan? I just like the way he films things and his attention to detail is excellent. If you decide you want to watch it, you'll probably be glad to know that only one death is by stabbing and the rest is by bullet. The fact that it's a true story too was just really interesting to me.

Yeah I love Seven and Fight Club and if I recall correctly, I was enjoying Zodiac before that scene. Ah I can handle death by bullet, I might just be ok then! Cheers, peace. I'll let you know my thoughts if/when I see it again.

I'd forgotten about that. You just made my tummy flip!

Sorry, I wish I hadn't remembered it. It puts my teeth all on edge!