Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

Have just started Wilt in Nowhere by Tom Sharpe. Have not read a novel by him before so was intrigued and it is entertaining so far.

I've read a some of Tom Sharpe's books before including one of his Wilt books. I've got this one on my TBR shelf, let me know if it's any good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rotter's Club by Johnathan Coe.

My friend made me read it because she loves Coe's stuff, and I loved it :lol: I wanted to read the sequel, but never found the time (it's on my tbr list though). I hope you'll like it :tong:

I finished Shout down the moon by Lisa Tucker (yaay it only took me a few days - can't remember the last time that happened during school / uni time of year *happydances*). Not quite sure what I think about it yet though. I have to give it some more thought...

I missed the delivery of my books today. No big deal - I knew I would. But I assumed I'd be able to get them re-delivered to my local post office like you always have been able to with amazon, except now they're using a different company so I have to arrange it for a weekday and it has to be at my address. Looks like I'm going to be ringing in sick to work on Monday. The things I do for books.

Also read 50 pages of Day of the Triffids. Tis super.

Had our bookcrossing meet up last night adn we ended up having to change our venue, and left 3 books in a pub.

Released another today after I had my swim.

My friend made me read it because she loves Coe's stuff, and I loved it :lol: I wanted to read the sequel, but never found the time (it's on my tbr list though). I hope you'll like it :tong:

Oh I didn't know there was a sequel. What's it called?

...but then Kelley Armstrong's Tales Of The Otherworld came in the post today, so I'm going to swap and read that instead as I just can't resist :tong:

Snap! mines arrived today too, I am almost finished 'The Awakening' book 2 of the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong, then I have book 3 waiting, which was just released.

Happy reading everyone :lol:

Snap! mines arrived today too, I am almost finished 'The Awakening' book 2 of the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong, then I have book 3 waiting, which was just released.

Happy reading everyone :tong:

oh..I have been debating whether to get that as its the only one i have yet to read...might be a trip to the bookshop tommorow.

oh..I have been debating whether to get that as its the only one i have yet to read...might be a trip to the bookshop tommorow.

'The Men of the Otherworld' was a great collection of stories pickle, I am looking forward to 'The Tales of the Otherworld'

I ordered Twenty-four Eyes by Sakae Tsuboi :tong:

'The Men of the Otherworld' was a great collection of stories pickle, I am looking forward to 'The Tales of the Otherworld' :tong:

Is that a collection of stories or about one on particular...have you read frostbitten yet?

Is that a collection of stories or about one on particular...have you read frostbitten yet?

'The Tales of the Otherworld' is a collection of stories, I have read 'Frostbitten', it was good :tong:

'The Tales of the Otherworld' is a collection of stories, I have read 'Frostbitten', it was good :lol:

Dam thats my book buying going up then :tong:, i am hoping she will do another Nadia Sittaford too although I know she was only contracted for 2 different but good, she is an easy writer to read.

Well I've been super busy with uni work recently, however I have managed to squeeze a few books in. I finished Neil Gaiman's Graveyard Book and thoroughly enjoyed it :tong:

I'm almost finished The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks but can only manage a few pages at a time as it's so romantically sad. Brilliant book!

Happy reading everyone :lol:

Yay :D I was thinking about buying the Darkest Powers series, are they good? :tong:

Not much reading has happened today (aka, about 2 paragraphs :tong:) But I plan on spending my evening finishing Heresy (finally!) and moving on to Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken. It looks really good and I just can't resist cracking it open any longer! :lol:

I've finished Pride, Prejudice and Zombies :tong:. Just realized it's after midnight though, oops! I'm off to bed and will hopefully collect my thoughts as I sleep and post a review tomorrow.

I've been to the bookfair. :tong: It goes for three days but we just went for the first two. Almost all of the books had been put out by then, so I'm happy that I've seen everything. It's totally exhausting being on your feet for two days though. :lol: I got a good haul and also managed to restrain myself a bit.

I bought about 70 books; of those, at least half a dozen were replacement copies of editions I already own (ones that are too shabby or don't match other editions), one is for my brother and there are maybe 6-10 non-fiction books that won't be added to my TBR pile. I'll post a complete listing on my reading blog later.

Unfortunately I haven't had any time read in the last couple of days.