Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read 'Best European Fiction 2010' today. This a collection of short stories selected by Aleksander Hemon. It's an eclectic mixture drawn from 35 countries. Helped make a good dent into my World challenge - Liechtenstein amongst others :lol:

My reading mojo has completely disappeared! but I have managed to finish Therapy. Whilst sat in the hairdressers waiting for the colour to take I started The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry.

I've been reading The Old Curiosity Shop for three weeks so far. My partner has had time off work and I'm very busy at my work so it is taking a while for me to get through but I am thoroughly enjoying it :lol:

I'm glad you're enjoying this, MM. I have a few Dickens' books on my TBR pile, including this one, which has always been the most intriguing for me. I can't even remember why now. :lol:

I started and finished The Spiderwick Chronicles: The Field Guide yesterday. It wasn't a bad little read. I don't have the others in the series so I wanted to read this before the book fair in case I find the others there. I don't know if I liked it enough to continue with the rest of the series. The illustrations were very nice though. :D

Today I'm going to start The Horse and His Boy by CS Lewis.

Got about 80 pages of Dark Fire by C.J Sansom left to read,the 2nd of the historical crime novels set during Henry VIII's reign,and like the 1st it's been a cracking good read.

Bought The Declaration by Gemma Malley & The Last Ride by Thomas Eidson from Awesome books earlier.

I finished A Long Long Time Ago but Essentially True by Brigid Paskula and really enjoyed it, it gave a great insight into normal Polish life now and during WWII withouth being about the big issues but almost in a fairy tale way.

I have finished The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum today and in half an hour I have just read Roald Dahl's George's Marvellous Medicine. I really enjoyed both of them