Hi there

Brida

Hello.I've been toying with the idea of joining the forum for a while now,I thought I'd just lurk due to lack of time to post,but yesterday I though - ah,what the hell,I'll find time :smile2: I think it'll be good to keep me busy and I'll get more work,and more reading done that way.

As you might have noticed,I'm a Paulo Coelho fan,I also enjoyed reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel,Lisa Tucker's The song reader and Once upon a day to name a few.

Anyway,I'm looking forward to reading and posting and getting new reading tips ;)

Bbye.

Thank you all ;)

I'll be sure to do that, vodkafan. Btw, I see you're reading Sophie's world - that reminded me of my high school philosophy teacher (:smile2:),she always said we unexperienced philosophers should read it to get the hang of philosophy. Still haven't gotten around to it,though...

Anyway,see you all around :lol:

Thank you all :yahoo:

I'll be sure to do that, vodkafan. Btw, I see you're reading Sophie's world - that reminded me of my high school philosophy teacher (:lurker:),she always said we unexperienced philosophers should read it to get the hang of philosophy. Still haven't gotten around to it,though...

:exc:

It lays out the philosophy quite simply in little chunks. Then there is the back story which is quite mysterious. I am 3/4 of the way through and I have no idea how it will end.

Hey Brida have you got a TBR (To Be Read) pile yet from seeing books mentioned here?

Oh yeah :lurker: Actually,before I found this forum I used to write down the titles of books which I wanted to read on post its,which basically looked mental because I would write it down next to notes like ''buy xy,learn chapter yz,find out what xyz means'' and stuff like that.But now I'm being more sophisticated and am actually starting a proper list (I found a notebook which was once ment for that purpose-surprise surprise :exc:).

So far I've heard a lot about ''The book thief'' (both on and off the forum) so I put that one on the list.I have a bunch of others I'm considering adding to the list,but I want to read more about them here on the forum to decide (Running with scissors,The 5 people you meet in heaven to name a few).

Would you like to suggest something else,or is that a bad idea for book lovers with lack of time and a growing TBR list ? :yahoo: I'm open for suggestions.