If you could only read one Stephen King...

KW

I have quite a few Stephen King books on my shelf but I haven't read that many. I read Pet Semetary and The Shining when I was younger but then there was a large gap in my reading. I then picked up Dreamcatcher and The Gunslinger in Morrison's one day and have been collecting them ever since. I enjoyed Rose Madder and Bag of Bones last year and I have the first four of the Dark Tower series, although I haven't been able to get passed the first one yet. I have also read The Green Mile, The Girl Who loved Tom Gordon, Carrie, From a Buick 8 and Geralds Game. I haven't come across a Stephen King book I dislike, although not all his books will suit the tastes of one person.

that is one of my favourites John, and what I wouldn't give to own a 58 Plymouth Fury...... I've seen a few for sale over the years but my change jar doesn't quite add up to enough to buy it. :dunno:

I am on the lookout for Cujo to add to my collection as I am interested in giving this one a read. Not too keen on the film though.

Wow, it's hard to tell across the board which of his works is most popular. Which is a pretty good sign that he pleases most of the time with his writing -- something every author hopes to do.

I'm still trying to pick one, and you all have made me even more confused! SIGH>:dunno:

Might be an interesting idea.. there are a few I wouldn't mind reading again, and possibly the odd few I've missed. As many of his books are quite long, I would suggest having it as an additional RC, aside from the monthly ones.

Are you suggesting we nominate and vote? If so, go ahead and give it a try. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Misery the book is far gorier. I watched the movie before I read the book and still imagine Kathy Bates' character as Annie. Good read though even though it is very graphic.

IT is a very long read but give it time to develop. I loved the movie also and used the basis of that to keep me going. Enjoy the little details King gives of their lives. It isn't just a horror story but has many elements to it.