What are you planning to watch on TV today/tonight

Johnny Carson Whit

What is this "outdoors" of which you speak?

:D Its overrated Raven!

Tonight I'm going to catch up on the episodes of Doctor Who that I've been recording. Its the David Tennant ones, hope they live up to expectations!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

|Me too Poppy, will catch up with the highlights etc via the red button...my Andy is away there with his mates hoping to either watch/hear Muse or go see Black Eyed Peas....and hopefully not in the rain

Yes I've heard that the weather is not so good in Scotland at the mo ... or in the north of England. It's blistering down south which doesn't seem fair. Hope it keeps fine and that Andy enjoys himself :D

Soon I'll be starting watching series 2 of Doctor Who, working my way through the Tennant years. I'm sorely tempted to go watch his final episode, because I remember that making me cry when it first aired though I barely knew who David Tennant was, but I'm gonna watch the three seasons through.

I'm sorely tempted to go watch his final episode, because I remember that making me cry when it first aired though I barely knew who David Tennant was, but I'm gonna watch the three seasons through.

It's rubbish. Really, they did the same things a year before and much better. RTD simply ran out of steam.

It's rubbish. Really, they did the same things a year before and much better. RTD simply ran out of steam.

Really? What actually got me was the way he said, 'I don't want to go'. I didn't really know much about Doctor Who at that point beyond knowing everyone seemed to love David Tennant, that he was leaving, and that apparently this incarnation of the Doctor didn't want to leave. It just seemed quite sad to me :D

I didn't dislike Tennant, but I hated the way RTD treated the character from the end of series four through to the end of the specials - he was such a miserable ole ****** he just sucked the enjoyment out of the show!

I think part of the reason I was so gob-smacked by Matt Smith is that he was a breath - no, a blast - of fresh air after a year of Tennant being all moody (and don't get me started on how they treated Donna in the finale, or Mr & Mrs Smith, or the resolution to the many Masters, or etc etc).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BBC Four tonight, at 9.00pm In Their Own Words: British Novelists looks like it might be pretty good. They are taking the period 1945 to 1969 and featured authors include Tolkien, Golding, Wyndham and Le Carré.

It's also followed by the woeful Howard Keel version of The Day of the Triffids!

David Boreanaz (I wish ;)) Bones season 2 should be waiting for me when I get home tonight, so I'll be watching a few of those eps!

Good times! :)

It's also followed by the woeful Howard Keel version of The Day of the Triffids!

I know it's very far removed from the book, but I love it! It's one of my favourite sci-fi movies. :D

There's something wonderful about those old sf movies, but I must admit The Day of The Triffids isn't one of my favourites. Now, if it were the original Invasion Of The Body Snatchers or The Day The Earth Stood Still I'd be glued to the screen :cool:

Shall probably try and watch part five of the Pillars Of The Earth mini-series tonight.