The Last DVD you watched?

Kreader

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched Precious with BF today, it was a good movie but I don't think it was exceptional, I certainly expected more of it. I'm recommending the book though!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I saw a trailer for it and was quite surprised to see Mariah Carey looking a lot different than usual!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I saw a trailer for it and was quite surprised to see Mariah Carey looking a lot different than usual!

I wouldn't have recognised her if I hadn't known she's in the movie! And even knowing it took me really long to recognise that it was her playing the welfare lady. I really loved Carey's performance, I was really pleasantly surprised.

Lenny Kravitz is also in the movie and I wouldn't have recognised him either if I hadn't read the casting bill on imdb.com.

I hope you enjoy the movie! :D

OH & I watched Coffin Rock,an Australian movie tonight & well it was dumb in our opinions.Says it was a horror but it was very,very mild to what we are used to watching.Only reason we kept on watching it was cos we were hoping it was going to get a bit more umm,HORRible..:D

I'm a horror fan too Denise :D

When i originally heard the title of that film i thought it was to do with The Blair Witch Project, but it wasn't :D

Ditto, Stephanie!!

Dan, I have yet to see The Wrestler. You think Mickey deserved his Oscar he earned last year for that role?

I think Shaun Penn won that Oscar for his role in 'Milk' didn't he? Personally I thought Roarke was better.

I think Shaun Penn won that Oscar for his role in 'Milk' didn't he? Personally I thought Roarke was better.

Darn, you are right, Dan, sorry! I saw Penn in Milk and while I thought the movie was good, I didn't really think he deserved the award. I was rooting for the guy in Frost/Nixon, but I still would love to see The Wrestler one of these days :lol:.

Darn, you are right, Dan, sorry! I saw Penn in Milk and while I thought the movie was good, I didn't really think he deserved the award. I was rooting for the guy in Frost/Nixon, but I still would love to see The Wrestler one of these days :lol:.

You can really tell that Roarke lived through a lot of the stuff in the film. His performance is pretty powerful.

I didn't really like Penn in 'Milk' to be honest, I felt he overacted it a little. Frost/Nixon was a great film.

Roman Holiday

That is one of my favorite movies, I love Audrey Hepburn!

Watched 'The Wrestler' last night. Really, really enjoyed it. Roarke was excellent.

I was pleasantly surprised with The Wrestler. I'm not a big fan of the sport so I thought the movie would be awful but it was really good.

I watched Ballet Shoes last night which was cute.

I'm a horror fan too Denise :D

When i originally heard the title of that film i thought it was to do with The Blair Witch Project, but it wasn't :lol:

Oh fantastic Lynn,Being a female I have always felt like the odd one out cos I enjoy my horror.Have you ever seen any of Ulli Lommel's movies he directed?If not,DONT watch them!They are trash!OH & I watched about 2 of them and turned them both of nearly half way through...:lol:

Grave of the Fireflies

I don't think I've ever said this about a film before, but Fireflies is utterly heartbreaking.

There are several images that I think I am going to be living with for the next few days.

Or, perhaps, haunted by would be a better description.

Grave of the Fireflies

I don't think I've ever said this about a film before, but Fireflies is utterly heartbreaking.

There are several images that I think I am going to be living with for the next few days.

Or, perhaps, haunted by would be a better description.

It's even more sad because it's true.

Oh fantastic Lynn,Being a female I have always felt like the odd one out cos I enjoy my horror.Have you ever seen any of Ulli Lommel's movies he directed?If not,DONT watch them!They are trash!OH & I watched about 2 of them and turned them both of nearly half way through...:lol:

:D

If i remember rightly i bought a copy of Black Dahlia thinking it was the other film with Josh Harnett :lol:

I know what you mean about feeling like the odd one out. All my female friends think there's something wrong with me! :lol: