Hi, I'm Steve

Steeeeve

I wrote on here before for a little while before I decided to be a fool and delete everything I had written. I can't give a good excuse.

Although I guess I'm about to try.

I hate being defined by it but I suffer from (to me) quite bad depression so I tend to feel like an idiot after everything I've written. Including this I'm sure.

I don't mean it to sound self pitying. Just trying to explain why I'm a bit of a d*ck sometimes/a lot of the time.

But yes. I missed talking about books too much so I thought I'd try and write again. Hopefully that's ok.

Did that sound pathetic enough? I think so.

Thanks again everyone :lol:

Hey Steeeeve. ;) Welcome back sunshine.

Wotcha been reading then?

I thought I was going to be able to reel off a long list here but I haven't read nearly as much as I thought I had :lol:

Kavalier and Clay - Michael Chabon

Born Standing up - Steve Martin

Coma - Alex Garland

Dracula - Bram Stoker.

Ahhh. Why is it so relaxing to talk about books? I don't think I actually know anyone who reads much.

I have this on my TBR pile, is it any good?

Oh, hello btw :lol:

Hello!

It's fantastic. It seems when he's not appearing in disappointing films he's still really talented. It's very short. I read it in one evening and still had time to get through another short book so you don't need to devote a whole chunk of time to it.

He comes across as a guy you'd love to be friends with.

Dracula - Bram Stoker.

Am reading that one at the moment. The preface and introduction, that is (haven't had much time). But interesting material nonetheless. Have you read that as well? They're contained in the Penguin Classics edition. Looking very much forward to the story itself. ;)

Oh, and welcome. Almost forgot.. :lol:

I'll move it up the TBR pile :lol: you are right about his films though, he just seems to have given up and only does it for the money, but he is a very funny guy

That's the sad thing though, he actually seems to think what he used to do isn't funny. Not so much in the book but in interviews he talks about how he used to get laughs and how tacky, or whatever, it was and then he explains why he thinks the stuff he does in The Pink Panther is better. Why Steve? WHY?!?!

Am reading that one at the moment. The preface and introduction, that is (haven't had much time). But interesting material nonetheless. Have you read that as well? They're contained in the Penguin Classics edition. Looking very much forward to the story itself. :lol:

Oh, and welcome. Almost forgot.. ;)

I just wrote what I thought about it in the Classics section. It's definitely worth reading and I'm happy I did but it's not without its flaws (for me). There are plenty of people with more refined taste than me who love every bit of it so hopefully you'll enjoy it just as much.

And now I'll go and welcome you in your thread.

hello bumhead, oh sorry I mean Steve :)

i do the typing out a post then deleting it thing too! totally get where you're coming from :)

Oops. Have I inadvertently given myself a nickname? I was always hoping it would be something like Ironfist.

Oops. Have I inadvertently given myself a nickname? I was always hoping it would be something like Ironfist.

if you would like me to call you Ironfist, so be it! :lol:

I could merge the two and call you 'bumfist'. err.. maybe not eh? :lol:

I had a relation who was known affectionately as 'bumface' due to her strangely shaped head and rather unfortunate looks. ;)