In a Pickle

pickle

Hello, I have noticed a number of other new members posting introductions about themselves and thought I would do the same..well a little about me.

I am 37 an archaeologist although I no longer work in the field. I am an avid reader and probably get through about 8 books a week if not more and still manage to work full time, I love anything from Crime to Fantasy. Currently about to start a new book I got from the Library yesterday by Andre Camilleri.

I have two guinea pigs who roam free in the house, and I spend a lot of time hoovering up the little presents they leave me :roll:

Anyway please say hello and if you want to know anymore just ask.

Hello there Pickle! I've enjoyed chatting with you a little bit on other threads already but wanted to say an official welcome here :lol:

Wow, you're an archaeologist? That is awesome :roll: I bet you have some amazing stories from your experiences.

An archaeologist! <3 Much love!!

I dont know much about archaeology specifically but I'm generally interested in historical things, anthropology (particularly Aztec and Mayan cultures), archaeoastronomy and paleontology (specifically dinosaurs, but also some other random animals). I only study it all in my spare time because I'm curious about it.

Welcome to the forum :roll:

Hi Pickle,

We've "met" on the boards. Nice to know a bit more about you. I would have loved to have been an archaeologist - too late now I'm afraid but I do belong to a local historical society and some years ago I went to help on a dig not far from where I live where we (they) unearthed some beautiful Roman mosaics - I, together with some other members of the society, were on hand to dust them down - it was fascinating.

Salisbury is a lovely place. I have visited often and never get bored with the Cathedral (and the Magna Carta on display).

Thanks everyone for the welcomes..trust me when I say that archaeology is a very unglamourous job, and having spent 12 years up to my arm pits in mud, especially during the winter I was glad of promotions a few years ago and now spend my time recruiting a new generation of archaeologists and getting to live at home.

NO Thou shalt not besmirch my childhood dreams of unearthing a TRex graveyard!!!

In other words, welcome ;)

If only I had unearthed a T rex graveyard unfortunately the closest i got to that was digging in a cave in Beligium whilst at Uni and that on dated to 40,000 years not a few million. Most of the time its ditches and pits in the UK Landscape archaeology they call it to make i sound more interesting..lol