Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

Sounds like both of you are making good progress! Great. :D

I'm still doing the treadmill every day and counting carbs. It's working. We're both losing weight and staying on the diet.

I bought a couple of new suits for myself yesterday and the size is down on that, plus the styles I bought are easily taken in to accommodate more weight loss.

Edited by pontalba

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a nutrionist/dietician on Friday and it went very well. I started writing down everything I eat and it's really good because it's making me more conscientious about my portion sizes and calorie/fat/protein counts. She calculated how many calories I should actually be having every day in order to lose weight, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I also made an appt to breathe into this machine that measures your metabolic rate and tells you all sorts of things about the activity one needs to get to burn so many calories and raise your metabolism. I'm looking forward to it! :D

Good luck everyone!

Well, I've broken the 30 pound barrier! Finally got serious the last couple of weeks, and did it. /phew!/

Six more to go to get into the "normal" (whatever the heck that is) BMI range.

Yabba, dabba, doooooooooooooo! /hula dancin' goin' on here/ :D

Thanks Kylie, I really hate diets, it seems so unfair. But it is what it is, and the diet is well worth the loss.

Peacefield, did you have those tests? I'm awfully curious about how they work that info out.

MR, that is quite a workout, I can't keep it up that long.

I used to enjoy walking around in our old neighborhood, it was a quiet suburban sort, interesting houses and yards/gardens. Out here in the country one would think walking would be easier, but it's not. The road I live on is asphalt, long and winding,with fields adjoining and in the winter the wind whistles down like all heck. In the summer, there isn't any shade (oddly enough), all the trees are set back by the houses. By the time I've walked only 15 minutes or so, I'm half dead from the heat and direct sun. So, thank goodness for treadmills!

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to see what everyone is doing, diet or not. So. Howze it going? :D

I've pretty much stalled, on and off the diet. Steady at between 34 and 33 pounds loss all together. Treadmill pretty regularly even when off diet though.

Last night I tried a dress on that I had not worn in almost 3 years, and IT FIT! :doowapstart:

So, I am a happy camper.

Edited by pontalba

You are all doing wonderfully :)

Wish me luck good people, I start back at weight watchers tomorrow. :o

Edited by Weave

Mine's not going too bad, although quite slowly, but I did have to buy a smaller size jeans this week! :smile2:

Success! Slow is ok, and actually better than a fast weight loss I believe. When it's slow, it tends to stick I've found.

You are all doing wonderfully :)

Wish me luck good people, I start back at weight watchers tomorrow. :o

Def! All the luck int he world. :D

Congrats Pontalba and Chesil - its great when you fit into old clothes again / have to buy smaller sizes.

Good luck Paula :)

Thanks!

Been on and off diet again, but staying within the 3 pound parameter, so all is ok.

Can't stay down in N.O. and totally stay on diet!! lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, how are you all doing?

You are all doing great :)

I went back to weight watchers 2 weeks ago, I hadn't been there for awhile, I had put on half a stone, I have now lost the half a stone (and a bit more), in total since last August, I have lost 52 and a half pounds. :)

Edited by Weave

That's fantastic Paula

:giggle: Took me a while to work that one out.

I don't even know why it did that Andrea :giggle: I have changed it :)

Any 'naughty' words are picked up by the forum's filter and automatically changed into something 'nicer'. Because you had that as one word, it picked up on the four naughty letters in the middle and changed it. :)

• 2 months later...

Hey y'all. :D Thought I'd resurrect this thread, it being the time of initiating weight loss again. :P

I fell off of the wagon, big time, regained 11 or the 33 pounds I'd lost last year. Ho Hum. Ratz.

We started "the" diet again yesterday, and are doing well. It's a little difficult to get back into the swing of regular exercise, we'd become pretty sketchy about it the last few months. But. We are back! Husband and I are doing Atkins again, and have resumed the bike for him and the treadmill for myself. Phew!

Anyone else getting back on the plan? Hmmmmm? :flowers2:

Pontalba, look at the bright side: you didn't gain back all them 33 pounds! And you still have less to go than when you initially started. Good luck with your diet and exercising, it's good that you have your hubby by your side to support you and vice versa :)

Oh, I know that, for sure frankie! And thanks. :D

It would be terrible if I had to start from scratch, yikes. Not to mention my new clothes wouldn't fit.

Oddly enough, most of the new clothes I bought do still fit, only a few are too tight.

It's weird, isn't it, when you lose weight and gain weight and lose, and it's all seen on the scales but clothes tell a different story. It's like all them pounds go to different places, I guess they are bored with always sticking to the same regions... It's happened to me just recently. Lard works in mysterious ways :D

It definitely gets worse as you get older, too - I lost 10 pounds last year and so am the same weight now I was a few years ago, but I am definitely a different shape! I managed not to put any weight on over the holidays, though, and having been doing some abdominal exercises every day which is starting to help a bit. :)

That is only too true Ooshie, sad but true. The weight is distributed differently as you mention....up till the time I hit my 30's I didn't gain in my waist and stomach at all. It was all hips and backside. That has changed.

What kind of abdominal exercises are you doing?

Due to illness and getting totally disheartened as a result of that, I backslid a lot during the last few months and regained a lot of the weight I'd lost. I did, however, start 2013 10lbs lighter than I started 2012, which is something positive at least! As part of my new beginning, I have cut the crap (including my beloved chocolate, which I'm cutting out entirely for the entire month of January - eek!) and have dropped 5.5lbs this week so far. I know the first week is always the biggest drop, so I'm hoping this strong beginning will help kick my butt back into gear once more! This is the year I stop being a fat chick and start being a healthy chick - I WILL RUN 5km in the Race For Life this summer!

You can see my full list of 52 things in 52 weeks challenges HERE.