Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 pages read so far, it's mighty creepy! I was reading it in bed last night and I have to say I was really jumpy about all the normal noises in my apartment.

Wow, that creepy only 33 pages in? I better make sure I don't read it at night. :lol:

Due to good reviews on here I'm listening to Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. So far so good!

Excellent! Even though I have a nice secondhand edition, I was looking at a shiny new Wordsworth edition today that also has Three Men on the Bummel, the sequel. I didn't get it, but I'm sure I'll be going back for it. :D

I did buy three other books though:

Cory Doctorow: Little Brother (dystopian in nature)

Cornelia Funke: Inkheart

Margaret McKenzie: Australian Handbook for Writers and Editors

I was very pleased because these were the exact three books I had in mind when I went in. I spent a blissful two hours wandering around (I had no idea that the time was passing so quickly!)

Edited by Kylie

Had our bookcrossing meetup last night and released some books to the shelf.

'Word of Honor' by Dani Sinclair

'The Medusa Project: The Thief/Walking the Walls' by Sopie McKenzie/Chris Higgins (world book day book)

'Magic Ballerina - The Magic Dance/ Kitten Chaos' by Darcey Bussell/Anna Wilson (world book day book)

'Dinosaur Cove: Battle of the Giants/The Charlie Small Journals: Valley of Terrors: World Book Day' by Rex Stone/Charlie Small

'Six Days: How the 1967 War Shaped the Middle East' by Jeremy Bowen

Finished Wuthering Heights this morning. Despite not really enjoying it was kind of sad to end it (the same as I felt about Jane Eyre before we had really studied it actually). Review in the works.

Started Water for Elephants.

Oooh, that's a good one! I hope you enjoy it :)

haha thanks! I heard its a tough read though, the topic matter is hard to get through. I really want to see the movie too, once I read the book.

Mom bought me -another- book today! oh the perks of being sick..she knows buying me books will make me happy :D She got me Up In The Air by Walter Kirn!

The Little Stranger ~ Sarah Waters (a new author for me). I'm sure I read about her on her somewhere.

Oh I liked 'The Little Stranger' a lot .. really atmospheric and creepy. Hope you enjoy it.

I'm about halfway through Q & A by Vikas Swarup but travelled to Edinburgh on Thursday without it so had to buy another book to keep me entertained on the journey. I opted for Neil Gaiman's Graveyard Book.

They're both great books so far but I'm planning on finishing Q & A first :)

I am fully intending to make some serious headway on His Dark Materials this weekend. I have Under the eagle at the side of me yet to be read; and Dead Simple & A faint cold fear have just come in at the Library that I've had on hold for ages !

Fortunately i've bought the other book i'm reading Meditation for dummies and it is just a reference book as opposed to continuing fiction like my others, so can read that as and when

Went into Waterstones bought The preferred text versions of Neverwhere and American gods by Neil Gaiman plus picked up this quarters BooksQuarterly.

I love Neverwhere Cosychair :D Hope you enjoy it!

I went over to my parent's house yesterday, and my Mum had bought Neil Gaiman's Stardust!

I fancied this after reading his The Graveyard Book... and clearly she did too! :D

You can't beat a bit of Neil Gaiman :)

Having only managed to find one book in the Libaray that I wanted I popped into Waterstones and bought 4 books. I have

Frostbitten - Kelley Armstrong I couldn't wait for it to come out in paperback :)

Wedlock - Wend Moore have been thinking about this for a while now

a Long Time Ago and Essentially True - Brigid Pasulka no idea just fancied it:D

the Welcoming - Nora Roberts light reading for the bath

so bring on the rest of the weekend problem is I am not sure which one to read first :D