Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

Indeed! I haven't started it yet. I got distracted by Coldfire Vol. 3 and I, Lucifer. Vlad might be up next.
Not that I'm pressuring you or anything of the sordid sort :lol: but do let me know when you get round to it, I was mesmerized by the cover of this when it came out but chickened out of the investment... I want to know if I was wrong!

Ah, well, that might be a problem, i asked the woman in the bookshop to recommend the best one and she told me the last one was the best so i am reading the end of the series before i have read any of the other books :friends0: I'm still enjoying it though.
You're a terrible person Ned, reading a series out of order is just unnatural ;) particularly when the last book isn't worthy of tying up the shoelaces of the first four!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I'm pressuring you or anything of the sordid sort :lol: but do let me know when you get round to it, I was mesmerized by the cover of this when it came out but chickened out of the investment... I want to know if I was wrong!

It's weird, the same book seems to be out under two different names and covers. Mine is actually called 'Vlad' as opposed to 'Vlad: The Last Confession', but it IS listed on Amazon under 'The Last Confession'. Tis odd.

I don't know wht to read next! I'm not in the mood for anything on my TBR shelf :lol:. I'm so annoyed.

I felt like that too, but in the end decided on Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows - The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society.

I felt like that too, but in the end decided on Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows - The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society.

Excellent choice, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :lol: It was one of my favorite reads last year.

Peacefield, I hope you bounce back to knowing what you want to read asap! :friends0:

I picked up Ira Levin's Rosemary's Baby and I'm a bit surprised how much I'm liking it. I've never seen the movie so I'm totally new to the story.

Nearly 50 pages into I, Lucifer. Absolutely HILARIOUS book so far. I'm jotting down excellent quotes as I go.
As ever, I eagerly await your review :lol:!

I picked up Ira Levin's Rosemary's Baby and I'm a bit surprised how much I'm liking it. I've never seen the movie so I'm totally new to the story.
I've (only) seen the movie, and found it to be the most terrifying thing - you're in for a scare, as R.L. Stine would put it.

A few more chapters of Nocturnes by John Connolly read this morning all I can say is I am glad its a sunny beautiful day as the stories are very dark.
Are they good as well as dark? I have a signed first edition of this (bought on the strength of its prettiness) waiting patiently on the shelf...

I've (only) seen the movie, and found it to be the most terrifying thing - you're in for a scare, as R.L. Stine would put it.

I believe so yes! It's still early days, nothing really awful has happened yet (well, apart from

the evil insemination ritual meets unconcious, drugged woman

) but there are some minor details that are creeping both me and Rosemary out. This book has definitely the bad vibes, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it. It's really quite sensible for me to read it during the sunniest hours of the day :lol:

Edited by frankie

I finished Heaven can wait- Cally Taylor yesterday, which was a very light and enjoyable read.

I'm about 10 pages into Falling by Sharon Dogar, which I'm finding quite interesting.

I've also added 5 books to my wishlist but have so far resisted the urge to buy anymore until I've read at least 5 more books from my tbr pile!

As ever, I eagerly await your review :D!

Well, the most obvious aspect is how crude it is. I mean, swearing doesn't bother me in the slightest but I am slightly surprised at how many instances of the c-word there are. Also, it's very physical and sexual. Virtually anything about humans is described in terms of their 'bits' (or his own) and what he thinks of them. :lol: So far, anyway.

I got two books through the post today. The first I had ordered, 'A Scanner Darkly' by Philip K Dick.

The second was a wonderful gift from a wonderful person to assist in my mojo renewal, 'A Certain Slant Of Light' by Laura Whitcomb. It looks like a real pageturner, and I had a tingle of mojoness when I read the blurb. Hopefully the tale it weaves for me will get me back on the reading straight and narrow.

I am planning on using my charming cloth bookmark with this one. I've been waiting for the right book to come along, and I think that this is the one. :D

Off to post two books to fellow bookcrossers

'Old Boyfriends' ~ Debbie Macomber

'A Metropolitan Murder' ~ Lee Jackson

Finished 'The Secret River' Kate Grenville. Enjoyed it, but felt it lacked something. Full review in my Aussie challenge here. That brings my Aussie challenge up to 'Tourist' level, but I intend going on. Planning to get Tim Winton's 'Cloudstreet' next based on Kylies comment :D

Well I've read nowhere near as much as I meant to today. On page 232 of The Historian.

On the (hopefully) upside though I got an email saying the Coldfire trilogy has been sent so I'm hoping it gets to me tomorrow rather than next week so I'll actually be in.