Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray! 250 pages? That's a huge amount to read in one day! Congrats and I'm glad you loved it.

Yep, but I started in the morning and finished at 7 PM, and I only had few breaks for eating and doing other life-maintening things. It's got to be the biggest reading stretches I've done, but I was determined to finish it, and I wanted to read it :(

I started Ann Rule's If You Really Loved Me in bed.

Mexicola, so glad you enjoyed Jane Eyre! And you're gonna have so much fun with the Eyre Affair, I promise! :lol:

Edit: I'm heading home today and I've packed my backs*, and I can't believe how heavy they are. How can 16 newly acquired books weight so much :D

Edit: Bags, not backs. I'm no hunchback for No Dame.

Edited by frankie

In bed this morning reluctant to get up for work I started reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I am enjoying but it reminds me of another book, possibly Terry Pratchett or Robert Rankin

Mexicola, so glad you enjoyed Jane Eyre! And you're gonna have so much fun with the Eyre Affair, I promise! :D

Here here! One of my favourite books :(

I read some more of A Thousand Splendid Suns last night and this morning, and I am really absorbed by it.

I finished No Time For Goodbye last night and really enjoyed it, i shall be reviewing it later :)Very rarely do i find such a good book that keeps me gripped all the way through! It was an awesome book. Now onto Anita Shreve Where or When! :D

i brought the thosand splendid sun yesterday and started reading it, have got up to chapter 4 now, will read some more at lunch, im not enjoying it atm, but will fight through the begining

I hope you manage to get into it - it's a great read. :(

Also, I'm going to dinner with my Dad tonight, the meeting place being Foyle's in St. Pancras Station... I foresee expenditure :D!

Ooooh, can I come?! :lol:

I finished The Swan Thieves tonight and man, I just can't think of any words right now to describe how much I loved it :D. I need to collect my thoughts before I post a review which will hopefully be tomorrow.

I can't wait for the review, peacefield! I still haven't read it, myself, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. :(

You may come along if you can keep me off eBay for the next two seconds:lurker: I'll admit to having just bought a pretty first Folio edition of The Wit of Oscar Wilde because it was about to end unbought and unloved & it was only

Probably not; to be honest, I don't think the person capable of keeping me from buying pretty books has been born yet :( still, just 'cos I like you: I'm off to Foyle's to have a little pre-dinner drool over the pretty books, are you coming :D?

Edited by BookJumper

On to chapter40 of Heart Sick by Chelsea Cain. I am absolutely addicted! I'm having a hard time putting the book down (I've already neglected many much needed chores today so that I could continue to read lol)

I love it when that happens with a book, glad you're enjoying it so much, it's on my wishlist :D

Got these today:

Elizabeth Barrett Browning: Sonnets from the Portuguese and Other Poems

Peter James: Dead Simple

Rainer Maria Rilke: Letters to a Young Poet

William Shakespeare: Complete Sonnets

Kate Summerscale: The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, or the Murder at Road Hill House

Amy Tan: The Opposite of Fate

Kurt Vonnegut: Deadeye Dick

Kurt Vonnegut: Timequake

Jari Tervo: Pyhiesi yhteyteen

Gloria Naylor: The Women of Brewster Place

Toni Morrison: Jazz

Daphne du Maurier: My Cousin Rachel

E. M. Forster: Howards End

The first 6 books are from play.com, the last 7 from the library (20 cents each, so only 1,40e for 7 books!)

I finished The Carbon Diairies 2015 last night, and was mightily impressed. Very thought provoking.

Started It's Only A Movie by Mark Kermode at lunchtime, and already garnered strange looks from others in the office as I spluttered my coffee everywhere while trying to read, laugh and drink all at the same time :D

Well on my trip into town today I stupidly went into Waterstones and bought another 2 books I couldn't resist the 2 for 1 offer. Its Night World by I J Smith doea anyone know it, it appears to be a series of short stories teen romance vampire stylee...So far not sure

they are never going to fit into my suitcase will have to leave them at home

Edit: I'm heading home today and I've packed my backs*, and I can't believe how heavy they are. How can 16 newly acquired books weight so much :D

Edit: Bags, not backs. I'm no hunchback for No Dame.

:( At least you won't have to worry about being bored on the trip home. ;)

In bed this morning reluctant to get up for work I started reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I am enjoying but it reminds me of another book, possibly Terry Pratchett or Robert Rankin

Ooh, I bought this recently! Have you read any other Neil Gaiman?

After a couple of false starts, now over halfway through 'Ulysses' by James Joyce - now im into how he structured it , I'm really enjoying this. Currently reding the 'Cyclops' episode....

Wow, I admire you. Ulysses is one of those books I want to read 'one day' but it's rather daunting so I doubt I'll get to it for a long time.

William Shakespeare: Complete Sonnets

Kurt Vonnegut: Timequake

You're incorrigible Frankie! :lol: Now that I've just finished Macbeth and really enjoyed it, I might get myself the Sonnets as well.

I'll be interested in your thoughts on Timequake. I really wasn't very impressed with it. :)

I have about 20 pages left of After the Fireworks. It's an interesting read.

Well on my trip into town today I stupidly went into Waterstones and bought another 2 books I couldn't resist the 2 for 1 offer. Its Night World by I J Smith doea anyone know it, it appears to be a series of short stories teen romance vampire stylee...So far not sure

they are never going to fit into my suitcase will have to leave them at home

Are these books anything to do with the vampire diaries which is currently showing on ITV2?

I don't know it was impossible to tell, they were all piled on a big table some with vampire Diaries with new pictures from the tv show others not some for Twilight..this is why i hate it when they change all the covers because of the TV serialisation but still stock others...very confused