Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

I read quite a bit of Swan Thieves yesterday and only have about 70 pages left! I wanted to squeeze some more in this morning but I convinced myself to sleep that extra hour instead. Believe me, it wasn't hard :roll:.

You might be glad you just borrowed them, CW. I've only read the first two books so far but I was kind of 'meh' and honestly I prefer the television show over the books. I still wouldn't mind reading the rest of the series though. How are you liking BD? Do you have much left to read?

Edited by peacefield

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be glad you just borrowed them, CW. I've only read the first two books so far but I was kind of 'meh' and honestly I prefer the television show over the books. I still wouldn't mind reading the rest of the series though. How are you liking BD? Do you have much left to read?

Thanks Peacefield. To be honest I don't think I will be much of a fan, but I will give them ago.

As for breaking dawn I have around 150 pages left. I am at the point where

Alice has just gone/dissappeared and Loads of other vampires have arrived. Met Nessie and are wanting to help 'for their cause

I am enjoying it though, some parts I find a little hard to get my head around.

The strangr way Charlie was brought into it.

I finished So Many Ways to Begin - Jon Mcgregor, I really enjoyed it :)

Now I`ve started a library book, Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafasi, I read someones review on here and liked the sound of it, I think I`m going to enjoy it. :roll:

I'm reading 'The Beach House' by Jane Green, a bit slow going as I'm struggling to get into it as I just can't stand the characters so far :roll:.

I have this on my TBR list...well currently lent out to my mum. :) Is the character really that bad? Well, it's not a priority read for me anyway. :)

As for breaking dawn I have around 150 pages left.

Good luck with Breaking Dawn. I really enjoyed it when I read it and it left a gapping hole! :roll: But I must say the Sookie books are much better.

As for the Vampire Diaries, I have watch a first few episodes of the series and I just think it will be another teen vamp thing. I think I prefer the adult vamps. :)

Good luck with Breaking Dawn. I really enjoyed it when I read it and it left a gapping hole! :) But I must say the Sookie books are much better.

As for the Vampire Diaries, I have watch a first few episodes of the series and I just think it will be another teen vamp thing. I think I prefer the adult vamps. :)

Now I stopped reading Sookie books after the third as I got kinda bored, and Sookie really annoyed me. I will get back to them, but I found them a bit Yawnville for me, maybe that is because I am not an Eric fan either. :roll:

As for Twilight, even though it is not as well written as other authors. I forget I am reading a book, I am totally sucked in.

As for breaking dawn I have around 150 pages left. I am at the point where

Alice has just gone/dissappeared and Loads of other vampires have arrived. Met Nessie and are wanting to help 'for their cause

I am enjoying it though, some parts I find a little hard to get my head around.

The strangr way Charlie was brought into it.

Sounds like you are nearing the finish line, CW! I know what you mean about having a hard time getting your head around some things in that one. Tbh there were several parts of BD that made me feel the same way. I'm curious to see just how they handle it in film version. Now that you've read all 4 in the series, do you have a fave?

Sounds like you are nearing the finish line, CW! I know what you mean about having a hard time getting your head around some things in that one. Tbh there were several parts of BD that made me feel the same way. I'm curious to see just how they handle it in film version. Now that you've read all 4 in the series, do you have a fave?

Yes I understand what you mean there are a few things I will be interesting how they portray it.

I don't have a stand out favorite to be honest. I love Twilight for making me interested and getting me intoo them as they have something to prove, as I was on the fence about it before reading.

My best part of the book is the end of New Moon. I LOVED that part at the end. I could not turn the pages fast enough. But I did not care much for the warewolf part.

Eclipse had some funny scenes, yet did not grip me as much as the others.

As for Breaking Dawn the beginning and up to nbear the end has kept me glued.

I will be honest I think I will be quiet sad when the book ends.

I honestly did not think I would enjoy the series as much.

I have this on my TBR list...well currently lent out to my mum. :roll: Is the character really that bad? Well, it's not a priority read for me anyway. :)

The problem is that the characters are not really realistic. One of them is so "eccentric" but it feels forced on by the author, the author should not have to label their characters.

Oh you will be definitely sad when the book ends. :roll:

You will be desperately seeking something to fill the gap!!! :)

Twilight and Breaking Dawn were my favourite books in the series.

The problem is that the characters are not really realistic. One of them is so "eccentric" but it feels forced on by the author, the author should not have to label their characters.

Oh, I just re-read my post. I meant the book wasn't a priority for me to read that moment. :roll: I think it will be a while before I will read it though. It will be one of those books I will read while waiting on something better to so up. A shame really as I was a big Jane Green fan.

Have read some more Poe, The Pit and the Pendulum was good reminded me of a nightmare I once had about a giant gaping hole in the floor.

Ooh, I loved this story. It was the first of Poe's stories that I read (well, the first of two that I've read to date :roll:) and I thought it was terrific.

I started The Devils of Loudon

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this as I've had it on my TBR pile for a while. :)

Read about 250 pages of Gone with the Wind, thus finishing it. An amazing read! :)

Hooray! 250 pages? That's a huge amount to read in one day! Congrats and I'm glad you loved it.

I finally finished Macbeth yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Now I've started my LibraryThing Early Reviewers copy of Aldous Huxley's After the Fireworks. Not too bad so far.

I finished Nicholas Sparks' The Last Song while babysitting today. I cried my eyes out, the kids thought I'd lost my mind :roll:.

I've just started reading Persuasion by Jane Austen. I really want to read all of her books - I've read Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility so far.

P.S. rach.at.the.disco - I love your avatar! It's gorgeous :)

So I finished Breaking dawn. I tend to agree with some people about the ending, but was not as bad as I was expecting. I even shed a tear at one point. will catch up on my reviews at some point.

My next book is Louis Theroux's Call of the weird: Travels in American Subcultures.

I felt like I needed a totaly change from the whole Vampire/ fantasy genre, as I don't think I coudl find anything half as good right now.

I'm looking forward to reading your review, CW! :D

I finished The Swan Thieves tonight and man, I just can't think of any words right now to describe how much I loved it :(. I need to collect my thoughts before I post a review which will hopefully be tomorrow.