• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Lovesreading :blush:

My BF knows how to make me happy on Valentines Day :lol: He bought me:

The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir

The Time Travellers Guide to Medieval England by Ian Mortimer

AND.......the Sookie Stackhouse books have new covers, each with a picture of a character from the TV show on the front. He bought me Dead To The World with Alexander Skarsgard on the front. :lol:

I've also bought a few books myself from Amazon.

Storm Front - Jim Butcher

Hawkline Monster (A Gothic Western) - Richard Brautigan

Sombrero Fallout - Richard Brautigan

I'm well chuffed with the Richard Brautigan books as I spend quite a few hours searching secondhand shops looking for decent old copies of them :D

read 250 pages of The Lovers by John Connolly...the wife won't talk to me:irked: but a truly brilliant unputdownable book...one i refuse to read in the bath...in case it goes all crinkly :blush:

Done barely any reading this week as we moved but am 400 pages into The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. Spent my birthday money on Amazon just now and ordered The Lost Book of Salem by Katherine Howe, The Memory Garden by Rachel Hore and 44 Cranberry Point by Debbie Macomber

Good thing we didn't book LotR for March then, aye? :lol::blush: And it's only 14th of Febbie, you still have time :D

I'm so tempted to take a picture of my copy of GwtW with my bookmark sticking out so you can see just how much I have left :lol: I hope I do finish soon, I'm really looking forward to LotR too!

I'm so tempted to take a picture of my copy of GwtW with my bookmark sticking out so you can see just how much I have left :lol: I hope I do finish soon, I'm really looking forward to LotR too!

Especially when I think you were the one with the particularly long edition? :blush: I hope you don't feel pressured to read it just because of the Rory group now though, I hope you still want to read it for yourself.

Especially when I think you were the one with the particularly long edition? :blush: I hope you don't feel pressured to read it just because of the Rory group now though, I hope you still want to read it for yourself.

Not at all, I'm hooked! Its such a great story and a fairly easy read, not including the size. My volume is about 1448 pages. How far along are you?

Not at all, I'm hooked! Its such a great story and a fairly easy read, not including the size. My volume is about 1448 pages. How far along are you?

Well I'm truly glad to hear that you're loving it :D Seems like all of us who started it are really enjoying it, it was definitely a good choice! I've read about 540 pages, still 340 to go :lol: I love the book but I do want to finish it quickly so I can start reading other books for a change :blush: (But somehow I'm always glued to my computer and I really have to make an effort to go offline and start reading... :lol:)

Well I'm truly glad to hear that you're loving it ;) Seems like all of us who started it are really enjoying it, it was definitely a good choice! I've read about 540 pages, still 340 to go :lol: I love the book but I do want to finish it quickly so I can start reading other books for a change :blush: (But somehow I'm always glued to my computer and I really have to make an effort to go offline and start reading... :lol:)

Computer or BCF? :D You know that little note thingy on our user cp? Mine actually has a note that says something like "Get off BCF and work on your own book" (not that I ever listen to it.)

I agree about finishing. I have to finish Bitten still and that is another one I'm really into. I already know I want to read the rest of the series!

Computer or BCF? :lol: You know that little note thingy on our user cp? Mine actually has a note that says something like "Get off BCF and work on your own book" (not that I ever listen to it.)

Haha :lol: Well, computer = BCF, usually :blush:

Great to hear you're enjoying Bitten so much, I've heard some people say that it takes a couple of books from the series to convince one to read the whole series but with you it doesn't even take one whole book :D

Haha :lol: Well, computer = BCF, usually :blush:

Great to hear you're enjoying Bitten so much, I've heard some people say that it takes a couple of books from the series to convince one to read the whole series but with you it doesn't even take one whole book :lol:

I fall more for characters than stories. Maybe thats what drives my really weird taste in books. I'll read anything if I can find some kind of a connection with the character.

I fall more for characters than stories. Maybe thats what drives my really weird taste in books. I'll read anything if I can find some kind of a connection with the character.

I have read the whole series and the other books by her, including the teen ones so now waiting for the 3rd Nadia Sittaford and the third Chloe one and only just resisted buying the hardback new Werewolf one yesterday becauseIi limited myself to 4 new books (already read 2 of them..boo hoo) i need to save at least 2 for my holidays on Wednesday. Glad you are enjoying the series. Have you seen the Rachel Vincent series which are about a pride of big cats also very good. i just got the latest..