What Inspired Your User Name?

AbielleRose

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charm is aptly named, she has quite the ability to be charming at will! :lol:

:lol: you are too kind! :lol: Just wish I had that effect on my bank manager .. think of the library I could build and the books I could buy *wistful sigh*

I'm a big American Sports fan and with the exception of Notre Dame (Indiana) and the Knicks (New York City) my teams are or have been related to Long Island, NY.

Jets used to play in Shea Stadium which was the former home of the Mets and the New York Islanders are named after Long Island.

The name basically is my tongue in cheek way of saying I am on the wrongisland and is a play on the term Long Islander which as you probably guessed is the name given those to inhabit LI,NY.

If you followed that, well done you just passed Long Island/NY sport "101".

^I plan on going out of state, actually. I don't get out of here often and would like some change. :friends0:

There is a very nice girl at work whose name is Ilona and she is from Poland so maybe its Polish

Actually, I just looked it up, and it is apparently Hungarian (however, I've heard it's become popular in other parts of Europe). It's a take on 'Helen', according to the almighty Internets.

My name is pretty elaborate. My real name is Steve but there are always loads of Steves so I just added some e's.

Pretty confusing I know. I'll explain it in more detail if anyone needs it.

This is the funny post (see 'What Are You Reading? thread if you read this first). I cracked up when I read this. It's the kinda wonderfully sarcastic thing I would say.

Awww thanks. Very kind of you. I often fall into the trap of forgetting tone of voice doesn't come across online so some people just get insulted or think I'm actually a strangely arrogant moron.

But I'm just an ordinary moron.

Don't worry I think most people on here are intelligent enough to know where you are coming from ;)

I don't really remember what thoughts went into my process of inventing my username, but since it's an English forum I kinda figured I'd have an English name and then I remembered I liked the TV-series Sisters and how they all had girls names that could be shortened to boys names, and my favorite character was Francesca "Frankie", and there was a time I used to sign the entries to my diary "Love, Frankie" :D I'm happy with my username :D

^Thank you! I believe it is from Hungary, or otherwise some area of Europe.

It's also a Finnish girl's name :lol: 'Ilo' is 'joy' in Finnish, and 'meid

Edited by frankie

• 4 months later...

Mine is because I really like camping in the ADK Mountains where we usually hike up a few mountains each year, and see an incredible view. I also traveled to Washington last year and fell in love with the mountains there.. so breathtaking... so its my favorite things on earth and my gender lol.

I tried to do it with library thing too but it was taken so I had to use MountainnGirl..

Which mountains in WA did you visit? I'm ashamed to admit that even after living here all my life, I've never even visited Mount Rainier, and I've only ever driven through the Cascades. I did just recently visit Hurricane Ridge in the Olympics, though. :blush:

I got my name off a sign I saw for an estate/farm in Southern California. In '96 I was out there for Christmas with my family, and we were driving to this tiny town called Anza to see old friends. I remember driving by this place and the name just struck me. It was also the last trip I took with my dad, since he died 3 months later in March of '97, so the trip in itself was very special :blush:.