Hello from vodkafan

vodkafan

It is a wonder I have never thought to join a book forum before. Too busy reading I guess.

I am 48 , male, married to Laundry Fairy for 20 years, with 6 children. I used to read voraciously when I was a kid (almost all scifi ) but have got out of the habit during various stages of life but always gone back to it when I get the chance. Have resolved to read at least a couple of books a week this year.

Nowadays I read anything that takes my fancy: the last novel I read was Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. I enjoyed the characterisation and the dark theme of betrayal etc etc. You have all probably read it anyway.

My favourite author over the years has always been Jack Vance; I discovered him at 14 then read everything he ever wrote. Nobody uses the English language like him, in my opinion.

I look forward to talking to you all on here.

James

Hey wow! thanks for the big welcome, I like this place already.

@ Frankie: In answer to your question, I certainly will read some more Waters. I am a pushover for anything Victorian . After I read the book I got the DVD from Amazon, it was well acted especially by the two leads but too much was missed out and yet they added an extra sex scene which was not necessary in my opinion.

My time on the internet is pretty limited but I will slowly get to know you all I hope. And the books you like!

James

@ Frankie: In answer to your question, I certainly will read some more Waters. I am a pushover for anything Victorian . After I read the book I got the DVD from Amazon, it was well acted especially by the two leads but too much was missed out and yet they added an extra sex scene which was not necessary in my opinion.

I'm certainly glad to hear that! :lol: I always forget that some of Waters's novels have been made into a movie or a tv-series, I do have to take a look at those as well.