Rory Gilmore's Book List Challenge

AbielleRose

^ I would also be up for The God of Small Things, but the others you mentioned, Lucy, are ones that I've already read.

So ... what shall it be? Any one of those three titles is fine by me, but I confess, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius interests me the most at the moment.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for it! :) How long do you think it would take you guys who don't already own a copy to get one, I'd like to wait for you, and at the same time finish my current read before getting into this one :)

Edited by frankie

Aw man. :( Every time I decide to pass on a book, you all choose one that I really want to read anyway. :rolleyes: I'll have to see how my mojo goes.

Oh boy :blush: Well you seem to be enjoying The Treasure Island (good choice by the way!) so maybe that'll be the right kind of boost for your mojo, and since Staggering Genious is on your TBR and one of those books you'd really like to read, you could try it out, read on the train and during lunch time :)

I'm all for it! :) How long do you think it would take you guys who don't already own a copy to get one, I'd like to wait for you, and at the same time finish my current read before getting into this one :)

I've just ordered me a copy so hopefully it will be here in the next few days :D

All right, all right, I'm in too. :blush:

I pulled AHWoSG off my shelf on the weekend - just to read the blurb, mind you - but there were only reviews on the back cover, so I had to open it and flick through the beginning a bit. When I got to the preface I realised that I had already read a page or two when I first got the book a while, and I remember being instantly smitten by the writing style; I had to force myself to put it away then. Needless to say, I'm not going to put it away again. :)

Edited by Kylie

Not yet, I started reading a crime thriller by Ian Rankin on Saturday and still need to finish it before the Rory book. Like you wrote earlier somewhere, I was totally biographed out and needed a quick, fast-paced fictional read before moving on to yet another biography. Eventhough I love them, I needed something different for a change :)