Hello

nightingale

Hi peeps :17:

just want to officially say 'hello' as i've posted a few times but not introduced myself.

I recently decided i wanted to get back into the book-reading habit i used to enjoy as a teenager. I tend to read gossip mags and tabloids and my tired, old brain is begging me to try something more challenging. I stumbled on this site while looking for suggestions on books to read. Lucky me, eh? :D After browsing the site and reading your enthusiastic posts i'm already inspired to start reading.

I'm usually a lurker on forums, but i'll make the effort to be more social with you all as you seem a very friendly bunch :D.

Thanks for reading.

Nightingale

Thanks ever so much everyone.

Indeed, we are very friendly grab a cuppa, have a biccie, do tell us about yourself.

I will have a biccie and a coffee, BookJumper. Thanks lol.

There's not not much to tell...i'm single, no kids, no man :exc:, work part-time and most of my wages goes on paying bills and debts, so i don't go out much either *sob*. Bring out the violins lol.

Spend most of my free-time messing about on the internet or watching a bit of tv while pigging-out on high cholesterol foods. Not the best way for a 30-something year old women to spend her time, to be fair.

I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment so looking to find alternate ways of keeping myself occupied and my mind stimulated. Haven't really read a book since leaving school so i'm not even sure what subject matter would be of interest to me now :D.

On the plus side, i've joined the 'Book Club', and will be reading Fahrenheit 451. I'm nervous about reading the book and participating in the discussions. Go easy on me folks! :D

Anyway, that's a bit about me - think i'll have another biccie if you don't mind :).

Hello nightingale and welcome to the forum

Frankie thanks for the welcome, just wanted to say i love your avatar of River Phoenix. Loved him as a teen. He was a very handsome and talented actor.

An official 'hello' back.

I would lurk on fora if I didn't have the urge to comment all the time.

I'm going to try and follow in your footsteps, BigWords :D.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and advice guys.

nightingale :(