Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

I'm activating the new and shiny BCF mojo binding (invisible) sparkly elasticated thread for you Charm! That should keep your naughty mojo in check!

:) aww thank you Chrissy! :) Sparkly too, I feel loved :D We just need to figure out how to get yours back now. :)

Jeffery Deaver - The Blue Nowhere next

I haven't read any of Deaver before, but have heard such great things, so decided it was about time I got around to it, and I'm really enjoying what I've read so far

So pleased you're enjoying this, it's one of my favourite Deaver reads! :D

Okay that's it for today, I'm off to bed with Norman Bates!

:D Be careful!

I finished Lover Eternal (book2) last night and am half way through Lover Awakened (book 3) now.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished reading The Road last night. OMG! :)

I don't think I have cried so much whilst reading a book. I don't think I have wanted characters to be ok as much as I did with the Father and Son. I kept getting closer and closer to the end and nothing was getting better for them. The ending was quite unexpected with regards to what happened to the Dad. I think this story will stick with my for a while.

I have Salem's Lot by Stephen King to read next.

I finished Chinese Cinderella and the Secret by Adeline Yen Mah this morning.

Chinese Cinderella is one of my favorite books. How did you like it?

I got a little bit further in Bitten last night but unfortunately don't believe I'll be able to finish it before January is out. Just too much to do from here on out so the only reading time I'll have is on my breaks at work.

Today I'm reading Act 1 of Macbeth. :D

I bought a school's version, but it's the original text and is unabridged, so I'm going through Act 1 and annotating in pencil (sorry to those of you who hate writing in book, but I'm tackling it the exact way I dealt with Shakespeare for my GCSE and A level English) as I go!

I'm going to do this with all 5 acts over the next day or so and then I'm going to go back and read it again properly. :)

I finished Lover Eternal (book2) last night and am half way through Lover Awakened (book 3) now.

Oooh, I've wanted to read that series for a while now! Will get around to it eventually :)

I bought Vlad: The Last Confession and Twelve from BBS today after lectures, and I got Daughter of the Blood through the post from Readitswapit. Now I've got to decide which one to start first...

Finished Psycho II and started Anastasia Has the Answers by Lois Lowry (it's like going home <3).

I just got a text from the library saying that the Stieg Larsson book I reserved has arrived. I hoped it would come fast but didn't really think it would arrive this fast! Blimey, now I may have to actually go there and get it. Might get Macbeth while I'm on it as well. Will also put Psycho II and Lady, My Life as a Bitch in the free book recycle trolley, generous me.

I'm reading a book for review called 'Hector & The Search For Happiness' by Francois Lelord. It's a short, simple, modern 'fable' originally written in French and recently translated into English. It's only 164 (small) pages long, and I'm 110 pages in. I'm not entirely sure yet HOW good it is, but it's definitely a good read.

I bought Vlad: The Last Confession

Oooh there's a book I really want, I've been waiting for the price to come down a bit on Amazon. I can't wait to hear what you think! :welcome:

I'm already half way through Shades of Grey, I could not put it down. Spent the first few chapters completely puzzled but I expected that. It seems a bit darker than his other books but still totally compelling.

@BookJumper - What number did you get? Mines 959.

Edited by Cookie

Shades of Grey sounds great, Cookie.

I finished Something Fresh today, which was typical Wodehouse brilliance.

I have two more books to pick up at the post office, but I can't get them until tomorrow :welcome:

I have two more books to pick up at the post office, but I can't get them until tomorrow :welcome:

Yeah I should have a parcel arrive today, but no doubt it will be too big to put through the letterbox so I will have to go and pick it up tomorrow. It's rubbish, when I order something I want it NOW!

I'm now up to Dead and Gone in Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse Series :) Hopefully I'll get that finished today or tomorrow then I can get back to my life once again :welcome:

I'm now up to Dead and Gone in Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse Series :) Hopefully I'll get that finished today or tomorrow then I can get back to my life once again :welcome:

This series totally took over my life! I was so upset when I finished and realised I'd have to wait until May for the next one!:)

I've finally finished Rebecca's Tale and I can now happily put the ghost of Rebecca to rest as I have read the original, prequel and sequel. All good (but the other two aren't a patch on the original).

Anyway, got to get my mojo back on course as my TBR pile wont go down by itself.:)

Oh dear - what to pick up next ........:welcome: