Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

I finished the lovely Lady and the Unicorn last night and am unsure what to pick up next. I'm expecting The Swan Thieves from Amazon as a pretty present next week from my mom, so I'm not sure what to read in the mean time...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have nearly finished Anita Blake novel number 15? Blood Noir. Not as bad as the last 3 but not nearly as good as the first few. I needed a little break from Byron, just to give my brain a chance to process what I've been putting in to it!:D

I still reading and loving The Road. It is an easy read (the form is easy - not the content) and I could probably have read it in one sitting but have been reading it in bits and bobs - such is life. I have to see the film after this :D

I finished Dead As A Doornail - Charlaine Harris, and have now started Definitely Dead. I had absolutely nothing to do all morning at school today because I don't have a lesson until late, so I managed to read over one hundred pages :D Yay.

Wow on both occasions! I've been wanting to read I Am the Messenger for ages, I'm definitely waiting for your review on it! And a Jeffery Deaver, good choice! :lol: Have you read any Deaver novels before?

Edit: Holy heck Kelly you've already written the review as well! You mean business dontcha o_O Off to read it ->>>

I haven't read any of Deaver before, but have heard such great things, so decided it was about time I got around to it, and I'm really enjoying what I've read so far :lol: And yes I like to review before I start the next book so I can keep the plot fresh in my mind :D

Started and finished Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland today. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would tbh. Now I've just got to wait for the next one :D

I've also been eyeing up Twelve by Jasper Kent, but I really shouldn't buy anything atm lol. I'll see if my library has it tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

On the down side, through my fog of illness I managed to upset the binding of Alphabet of Thorn by placing my spiral-bound diary inside the book instead of alongside it in my bag :D not amused with self.

On the plus side, I spent a good few hours browsing in Waterstone's Piccadilly. Though they failed to have every single book I was looking for *shop gasp horror*, they did however succeed in stocking the limited edition of Shades of Grey which I promptly snapped up so that Jasper can dedicate it to me on Friday night :lol: provided I don't die first.

I went to Waterstones and bought:

If Nobody Speaks Of Remarkable Things by Jon McGregor

The Magicians by Lev Grossman.

Both are books from LAST year's wishlist, so I'm happy about that.

One I wanted, the Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell boxset wasn't there; that didn't surprise me. Another I wanted, House Of Leaves, was there, but was too expensive so I didn't get it. Considering I already know the latter two are on Amazon cheaper, I'm quite happy with the two I did get!

I got a big box of books from Amazon this morning (using birthday funds/gift certificates) and have just ordered some more, including the box set of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Eyes Like Stars and a new copy of The Once & Future King (mine met with an unfortunate accident a couple of weeks ago :) ) and House Of Leaves (had this reserved at the library since May last year and am fed up waiting, 2 copies in the whole North Somerset library system!)

Currently reading Dead As A Doornail, Fallen and I, Lucifer :D

Noll, hope you enjoy The Magicians when you get round to it!

Edited by Fi

I think I might have to read to Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell at some point as I think some or all of it is set in York, which is where I live!

I think I might have to read to Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell at some point as I think some or all of it is set in York, which is where I live!

I originally read it when I still lived in York - you'll like it :)

I originally read it when I still lived in York - you'll like it :D

Brilliant, thanks I'll give it a go. Need to read Shadow of the Wind too as everyone raves about it. I tried it a couple of years ago and got about half way through........then for some reason got bored and stopped reading it!

Going to have to do some digging as I think I actually own both books!!:)

Am about to start The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson in hardback. Coran went out for lunch today with a friend and surprised me by coming home with a copy as a present - he can be lovely when he wants to be - and no, he didn't want anything !

I'm looking forward to reading Gone with the Wind with you, Lucybird, and Middlesex was one of my top reads of last year (and I hadn't expected to enjoy it at all!) so I hope you enjoy it as much.

Nice to see you got your copy of GwtW Lucybird :)Middlesex is also a good choice, not only is it on the Rory list but it's also a fantastic read, I do hope you enjoy it!

My sister recommended Middlesex to me ages ago but it was only when I saw it on Rory's list that I remembered, and the it turned out to be part of the 3 for 2 in Waterstones.

I finished Dead to the world today and will be starting Gone with the Wind next

I started reading Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom. So far I'm enjoying it :)

I've read his other books and loved them. I really enjoyed The Five People you Meet in Heaven and For One More Day. I think I may have even shed a tear!