Random Quotes: p123, para5, next 3 sentences

Kell

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoebe shrugged, her gaze drifting outside as the bus rolled to a stop in front of the Oakvale mobile car park, where Tommy usually waited for it.

"Probably... could not... get a word... in... edgewise," Colette said.

"Har-de-har," Margi said, "you are such the little comedienne."

The Kiss of Life (Generation Dead 2) by Daniel Waters

"Rois kept bringing me things to cheer me up-some of them walked, I recall. A caterpillar once, and a beetle with bright wings. A hummingbird's egg."

Winter Rose by Patricia McKillip

The man sat in a wheelchair, his back turned to the visitors.Here was the owner of the van in the driveway. He pivoted his chair around to greet them, and Jane saw a thatch of limp brown hair and eyeglasses with thick tortoiseshell frames.

Mephisto Club-Tess Gerritsen

"People didn't fit into slots - prostitute, housewife, saint - like sorting the mail. We were so mutable, fluid with fear and desire, ideals and angles, changeable as water. I ran her stocking up my leg, smelled the Ma Griffe."

White Oleander by Janet Fitch.

'I was set up,' Miz said incredulously. He flapped his arms as he turned back to look at the others. 'Some 'person of dubious parentage' had me steal the ****ing necklace and let Lebmellin think he was going to double-cross me, but they had it all worked out; ****ing Mind Bomb sh!t and the guns it switched off.'

Against A Dark Background - Iain M. Banks

Guest Eliza1

Brython - brith'on, n. a Celt of the group to which Welsh, Cornish, and Bretons belong. - adj.

Thats page 123 of the Wordsworth concise English dictionary. The lines are tiny so I went with the fifth word on the page

"Speak gently then; and don't look so malicious," said my calm, but provoking aunt. "We shall return home safely, and then," she added, with solemn significance, "I have much to say to you." So I went home prepared for a formidable lecture.

- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Anne Bronte

Shaking her head hard as if to dislodge the memory, she padded in front of the mirror, reaching her forearm forward to wipe the condensation from the cool glass.

I want you, but no' for that, he'd said, and now as she peered at herself she wondered why he wanted her. She tried to imagine how he saw her.

Cole, Kresley: A hunger like no other

Mr. Whittier, our old, dead monster.

Mrs. Clark, our new monster.

"Today," the Matchmaker says, "is going to be a long, long day."

Haunted by Chuck Pahalniuk

Was it Clary's imagination, or did his eyes seem to linger on Maryse when he said that? She didn't have time to wonder; the Inquisitor made a sharp noise that might have been amusement or disgust, and said "It's settled then. Let me know when he's well enough to talk, warlock."

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

The people who ran both these dance schools had more pressing concerns than repainting the walls and mending broken light fittings. Dance was always at the forefront of their minds.

Sonia was mildly suprised when her friend did not turn up but soon became absorbed in the lesson.