Random Quotes: p123, para5, next 3 sentences

Kell

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"But get this," said Connie. "I couldn't find Mercy anywhere. I know that records can sometimes be incomplete from this period, but it just seemed kind of strange to have her vanish with no trace whatsoever."

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe

"But the smile vanished from his face at once: Viktor Krum had dropped into Luna's vacant seat. Hermione looked pleasurably flustered, but this time Krum had not come to compliment her. With a scowl on his face he said, 'Who is that man in the yellow?'".

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - JK Rowling

She remembered this, but how could she trust him? ?How could she even trust her own memory after all this time?

She asked, 'What about my mother? You said he killed my mother.'

Skin Privilege ~by~ Karin Slaughter

Dean Matthews is wrong. I have fought with memory my whole practicum only to find that it is not the enemy at all, and being an historian is not some saintly burden after all. Because Dunworthy is not blinking against the fatal sunlight of the last morning, but into the gloom of that first afternoon, looking in the great west doors of St Paul's at what is, like Langby, like all of it, every moment, in us, saved forever.

The Mammoth Book Of Science Fiction (from Firewatch by Connie Willis).

That sure is one long sentence!:lol:

It was exhausting, propsecting for grief like this, unsure if grief was even there to be found. Perhaps it was just too soon. For the moment I felt more pity for a trapped fly that buzzed against the window.

The Other Hand - Chris Cleave

(The fifth pagagraph from the top of page 123 actually takes you to the top of page 125 - large font, large spacing)

Leo followed and took in the interior, especially the portraits of the family trio on the walls. Doctor Mutatkar smiled out of a photo that, judging from the age of his daughter, looked to have been taken recently. Outwardly, everything seemed to indicate a happy and successful family.

Richard Jay Parker - Stop Me

But the stone steps based on calendar dates are not the only things that tower above the green roof of the jungle, for observatories were built too.

The observatory at Chichen is the first and oldest round building of the Mayas. Even today the restored building looks like an observatory.

Chariots Of The Gods? by Erich Von Daniken

"Everyone on this list,' he said, "is going to regret ever hearing about this class."

He walked down the hall, and Phoebe let him go, tears of frustration and shame gathering at the corners of her eyes. She could go in the office and tell someone what just happened.

"Generation Dead" by Daniel Waters.

Academic to me then, the sad fate of the creature. Asterius, through no fault of his own, born a monster. The poisoned fruit of betrayal, a thing of shame hidden away; I don't understand any of that at eight.

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

"Palden Lhamo - or at least her statue from the Jokang Temple - will be carried by monks to the banks of the Lhasa River," Penpa explains. "Thousands of people will have gathered there. On the opposite bank will be a statue of her lover, carried by monks from another temple." - A Year in Tibet by Sun Shuyun

The newcomer didn't have to go any further. Steve lurched up from the table, slapped a hand over his mouth and sprinted for the toilet. As the sounds of retching and splattering echoed out of the bathroom the newcomer grinned, snatched up Steve's forgotted buttie and rammed it into his gob.

Cold Granite ~ Stuart MacBride

(When I came in years later with a pack of Chesterfields in my breast pocket, Uncle Oren sneered at them and called them 'stockade cigarettes.')

We finally reached the window with the broken screen and he set the toolbox down with an audible sigh of relief. When Dave and I tried to lift it from its place on the garage floor, each of us holding one of the handles, we could barely budge it.

On Writing by Stephen King

And incase that book's too cool and intellectual, here's the same from the other book near me, which I'm also reading:

She was only gone a few moments, but Rand was uncomfortably aware of the eyes of the remaining Aes Sedai. He tried to return their gaze levelly, the way Lan had told him to, and they put their heads together, whispering. What are they saying?

The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan