The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious, Stephanie! I love that PFach made an appearance too :). The Jacob guy did look like Teen Wolf! LOL!

PFach is always a good sport :D

He is! He's hilarious to watch in interviews and appearences. Never a dull moment I'm sure when he's around :).

I love his interviews too, (a fan moment), he seems so down to earth :D

Edit ~ Its PFach's 36th Birthday today! :D

Edited by Weave

:) Thought you would like it. Fun Trivia fact: It was Peter Facinelli's 36th birthday but it was also Kristen Bauer (aka Pam from True Blood's) 36th birthday yesterday :D

Oh wow that's freaky!! Two kids who were born on the exact same day in the same year grew up to be actors playing vampires! What are the chances??

:D Yeah I thought it was odd. I totally love that video - its so cute with the litte wolf cubs and the matching jumpers :D

I still haven't seen the movie. I went today, thinking that all the kids would be at school, and the queues were massive. So I gave up - there must be some kind of secret day off school today :) I'm not meant to see this movie :)

Oh oh oh, I forgot to say - Jasper looks amazing in this movie. He's not in it much I know, but he's (by miles) the most inhuman looking person in the entire gang. He just LOOKS evil - and I love it. He's still the hottest by miles.

Let us know what you think of it the second time around, Chesil. I felt the same way too though, I was so excited after waiting to see it forever that I missed things the first viewing. When I went back I tried to pay more attention, especially to where the songs from the soundtrack were placed.

I hope you get to see it again, Noll! It's pricey here too - at night it's $9, ugh. I'm making myself only see it at matinees from now on.

Well, I did try to be less excited and concentrate more this time around, but I still ended up getting caught up in it again :)

Having said that, as I was watching I remembered something I'd thought of the first time - the score for this film was much better than the first one. I always felt that the score for Twilight was too simplistic and although in the films it's not a big deal that Edward is a stunning musician and composer, there was still the scene of him playing Bella's theme song, which never struck me as a particularly spectacular composition. However, the score for New Moon is beautiful and although mostly understated throughout, it seems to be a better fit with the film.

I think if I didn't know the story so well from the books, it strikes me that I wouldn't understand Bella's unyielding devotion to Edward, and I'd be more inclined for her to pick Jacob (and there was a loud "Oooo" in the audience when

Jacob takes his shirt off to wipe the blood of Bella's forehead

and I suspect there were a few Team Jacob girls in my screening) as a better hero of the film.

I'm sure I'll think of some more things as I sit and ponder this evening, so I might well be back later to add something else!

I went to see New Moon, today, and I really enjoyed it. I thought the werewolf action scenes were probably the highlight of the movie - although I hope next time they work a clothing budget into the film for them boys... all those exposed chests made me blush... :) Overall the film had more of an actual storyline to it and I was impressed - I think I enjoyed it more than I did the book.

Do they include the plane/airport scenes from the end of NM. Some of my favourite bits are in those scenes.

As Nollaig says, they're not there at all, merely an in your face bit of product placement with the shot of the airplane.

Like you Stephanie, they are my favourite scenes of the book and I did miss them a bit, but it's still a very enjoyable film (in case you hadn't figured that out already by all the other posts on here!).

Oooh I wish I could come to that BCF movie outing! How fun would that be to see it with you guys :).

Glad you loved the movie, Nici and Scarlette! Any fave scenes or stuff that was missing that you wished had been left in?

I agree with you about the score, Chesil. Loved Desplat's compositions, plus the other songs/artists. I think there were an equal number of Team members in the audience of the midnight showing I went to, and lucikly there were no Jacob fans in my general vicinity. I just have absolutely no eyes for that kid, shirt or no. I guess I can understand the appeal, but he doesn't do anything for me personally.

Everyone who has seen the movie ~ 7.gifglad you enjoyed it :)

With regards to the viewing my sister and I went to, I did not think there was that many people but once we were in the theatre, there was loads, we had the Jacob collective sitting right at the front, who basically had three levels of Jacob love, example ~

Jacob taking his shirt off ~ whoo! (my sister is included in said whoo)

Jacob in the rain ~ aaaahhhhhhh

Jacob being heartbroken ~ awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

There was also a young girl in front of me wearing a Edward hoodie, which was a lovely colour of pink and it said on the back 'Cullen' with '17' underneath it.

The Edward collective who apparently did not know that Edward asks Bella to married in the book, who all gasped when he proposed (saying that, so did I, even though I knew it was going to happen).

And finally a shout out to everyone person who waited to get a photo taken with the posters, it would have been embarrassing any other time but the general feeling was 'its a NM poster, of course you have to take a picture!' and that one lovely lady who was older than me! who had Edward love, I almost high fived her!

Apologies everyone if my post is really random :lol:

I think everyone was too excited beforehand to get a photo taken, Weave (at least I was) and by 2:30am when it was over we just wanted to get out of there! :)

I'm glad you weren't the oldest person there :lol:. I kept looking for older people so I wouldn't feel so silly sitting in a see of tweens. I think I saw two, LOL.

I loved the action scenes. It made the entire movie. I thought the werewolves in particular were done very well and I was impressed that the vampires had some action scenes, too - I thought it gave some life to them, whereas in Twilight they were rather dull and without any definite personality. Bella and Edward in love was also more intriguing in this film; more convincing. I do think, though - and this is nitpicking, I know - that they should do the vampire make-up better in the next movie. I can tell that the men especially are wearing a heap of white make-up (it's very visible on their hands in a couple of scenes) and too much reddish lipstick. :lol:

I've seen it twice now. First with my BF and once with the girls. It went like this:

BF - Sat through the entire film trying not to burst at the Jacob in the rain, half naked scenes. It was quite a conservative outing. Had pick-n-mix. Enjoyed the movie.

Girls - I whisper-laughed all the way through! Mainly at

Jaspers hair, noisy kissing scene

and the girls whooping at Charlie (!!). Giggled like a 5 year old at the Jacob in the rain, half naked scenes. One of my friends almost choked to death on her popcorn when Edward first appeared (you couldn't write this stuff!). We decided the we were all Team Jacob and Team Edward which made us Team Jedward (???) :lol: We then went into town for a few drinks and complained at the lack of Jacob/Edward look-a-likes. :) A great night!

Overall I like the movie :)

I just loved the whole thing! Loved the Edward scenes and Robbie loved the Jacob and wolf action scenes, he sat there with his mouth open throughly enjoying it. :)

Oh and I squealed when Edward came on first. :lol:

Me too hen :)

My sister and I didn't take the photos until after the film, as did everyone else, as peacefield said, everyone was really excited :)