The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

Mike did look different in this one. I thought it was funny too that he was bored during Romeo & Juliet in class (whilst Eric was bawling!) yet he wanted to see a romantic comedy at the theatre. His exchanges with Jacob were funny :D.

I honestly thought I would tear up at

'the break up' scene between Edward and Bella

but didn't, even though it was very emotional. I think the closest I came was when

Charlie was holding Harry in the woods. Why does Charlie always have to lose close friends?! :D

My favorite parts were

the passing of the months with Bella in her rocker and the spiraling camera shot, and of course the kiss by the truck, complete with sound effects :D. It was just so heart-wrenching though seeing Edward's expression! Oh, and like Lexie, I love the ending scene when Bella tells Jacob that it's always been Edward and then he proposes. Swoon!

I agree about

wanting to make Jake more likeable in the films, and yes, I know exactly what you mean Weave about the cheesy Alice-vision and always seeing Bella and Edward as vampires together 'through the ages' ugh, I feel cheesy even saying that. Anyway, I think they could have made her vision a lot more obvious and not like she was thinking back 100 years ago.

I love Michael Sheen too! He was perfect as Aro, just seeming so put-out yet giggly about certain things. I also liked that they brought back a few scenes from the first movie, like

Edward and Bella in the meadow and when he roars up in the Volvo as Bella is getting bothered by the Port Angeles frat boys.

I love too that Bella tells Charlie to be careful and he says one of his old lines, "always am."

I think the music from the soundtrack worked really well. When I saw it again yesterday I was trying to pay attention to which scenes they put which songs in, and I love what they did.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following on (sorry for repeating anything) ~

Mike looked older, had a tan and bit more fuller of the face :D

Charlie was fab, 'always am' and I love the line about him being a single ladies man :D (or something to that effect).

I loved that Bella was very quick in telling Jacob that it would be always be Edward (rock on Bella!)

I thought the soundtrack was fab :D

How random was it that Bella just of announced Jasper's power, it was never mentioned previously, it was a small after~thought, 'oh yeah powers, Jasper!'

Michael Sheen was great as Aro especially with manical laughter! :guess:

I did like how Bella saw Edward, I was worried it would be cheesy but it wasn't

I am easily pleased good people :D

I am home and all I can say just now is OMG x 100 :D I will be back when I'm slightly more coherent!

Can I just say to you Fi ~ rock!!! I love reading your posts :lol:

:D Fi, can't wait to hear your thoughts!

When are you going to see it, Stephanie? I'm bouncing too in anticipation for you to see it too!!

Now that you mention it, Weave, it was sort of odd when

Bella just announces Jasper's calming powers. Very random indeed!

I did get a chuckle during

'the vote' scene when Jasper said it would be nice not to have to want to kill Bella, or whatever it was he said.

I was thinking today about other fave parts I had, and

even though I hated seeing Harry collapse in the woods, I really liked that whole montage of Charlie and crew and the wolves hunting Victoria. The Thom Yorke song fit really well in the scene and I absolutely loved the overhead shot of the crow flying and Victoria running down the path. It just looked really good!

One of my favourite parts of the book is the

arrival of Alice and their journey to Volterra (as it really cements the relationship between her and Bella) and Bella running to find Edward

, and I thought in the film they handled that very well

even if they had to condense it, and I loved the scene with Bella running through the alleyways and across the square to get to Edward

which looked much better than I'd pictured in my head when I read the book.

One of my favourite parts of the book is the

arrival of Alice and their journey to Volterra (as it really cements the relationship between her and Bella) and Bella running to find Edward

, and I thought in the film they handled that very well

even if they had to condense it, and I loved the scene with Bella running through the alleyways and across the square to get to Edward

which looked much better than I'd pictured in my head when I read the book.

I agree Chesil, it was a great scene :D

I agree, Chesilbeach. The whole scene had a very 'epic' feel to it and Weitz did an excellent job imo. I remember watching an interview with him where he said that was his favorite scene to film and also one he was looking forward to having the fans see.

I agree, Chesilbeach. The whole scene had a very 'epic' feel to it and Weitz did an excellent job imo. I remember watching an interview with him where he said that was his favorite scene to film and also one he was looking forward to having the fans see.

It was brilliantly done, epic covers it :D

I know this is a teeny tiny detail, but the only thing from the book I missed in the film was that the scene where

Bella asks the Cullens to vote on whether she should become a vampire wasn't around a dining room table, and they were just stood around in the living room

. I know this seems like the pettiest quibble possible, but it was just an moment in the book that I'd pictured in a certain way in my head, and if felt like the right setting, sort of like

a vote in a boardroom

and I just missed it in the film.

Was there anything anyone else missed?

Just a small thing, I missed Edward giving Bella the cd with her song on it, I always found that part in the book pretty powerful when she realises that Edward has taken the cd, photos, etc, in the film, you see Edward taking the photo of him and Bella, which she has folded over :D

Hmmm that's a tough question! I agree though about

Edward's CD gift to Bella. They make the point of having him ask her in school why Jacob gets to give her something and he doesn't, and then him looking at the folded photo in her room. Why not show him giving her the CD with her song on it and then her looking for it after he leaves?

I did like the addition of

Bella writing emails to Alice that were all undeliverable. She needed to talk to someone about Edward, and even though the emails were all coming back undeliverable, she continued to write them.

I'll have to think more on the things I missed. I'm still in a bit of a daze :D.

I did like the addition of

Bella writing emails to Alice that were all undeliverable. She needed to talk to someone about Edward, and even though the emails were all coming back undeliverable, she continued to write them.

I was thinking earlier about how much I loved those :D

I think I mentioned it already but I loved the part too with the emails, I sound so dramatic (apologies everyone) Bella was just grasping at anything to stay connected to Edward :D

It was sad! She was just so desparate :lol:.

I was trying to find box office totals for the film, and it looks like as of today it's made roughly $140 million, wow! I'm not sure if that's broken any records, but it has to be one of the top opening weekend totals. Woohoo! :D

For peacefield and everyone ~

Source: IMDB

'New Moon' Opens with Deafening Howl

The Twilight Saga: New Moon dawned with a hot-blooded estimated $140.7 million on approximately 8,500 screens at 4,024 sites over the weekend, charting as the third highest-grossing opening behind only The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 3 and the biggest of 2009. With the advent of New Moon, not to mention an excellent showing by The Blind Side, overall business surged 56 percent over the same weekend last year when Twilight and Bolt debuted and was the second-highest seen in history, behind the weekend that The Dark Knight opened.

On its opening day, New Moon shattered the records for opening day ($72.7 million) and midnight showings ($26.3 million), thanks to the rush of its fervent fan base. Just like its predecessor, Twilight, the supernatural romance fell over 40 percent Friday-to-Saturday and the Friday accounted for more than half of the weekend business. On each day, New Moon essentially doubled the grosses of Twilight, which is an incredible feat for a sequel

Full article Here :D (Source: box office mojo)

Thanks for posting, Weave! That is amazing. We are the fervent fan base and I think we need to be thanked personally by the cast :D.

Yes indeed :lol: