The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

I don't understand the later release date thing. Why would they have it at the same time for NM and not this one? That's a shame. I promise I won't come in here and say a word other than how good it was :lol:. You have my word! I'll take down my Neck avvie forever if I say anything otherwise.

I like the look of the trailer though, so big thumbs up from me! :D

We know we can trust you :yes:

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jake-haters: Team Jacob is a stand on principle against dating your crazy stalker.

I might add, Edward and Bella BOTH conceed that Jacob is in fact A) The better choice and :D perfect for her, IF she had not met Edward, and the ONLY thing Edward has over and above Jake is the alternate-life. In this life, it's Jake. Faced with the possibility of another life, Bella and Edward go all Cathy & Heathcliff on the situation.

:lol:

But she did meet Edward, and sooner or later Jake would have met someone that he imprinted on. That would happen because the shifter gene was triggered by the Cullens moving there and so that part of his makeup couldn't be avoided. Where would Bella be then?

@Jake-haters: Team Jacob is a stand on principle against dating your crazy stalker.

I might add, Edward and Bella BOTH conceed that Jacob is in fact A) The better choice and :D perfect for her, IF she had not met Edward, and the ONLY thing Edward has over and above Jake is the alternate-life. In this life, it's Jake. Faced with the possibility of another life, Bella and Edward go all Cathy & Heathcliff on the situation.

:lol:

He might be the better choice, might but he is still very annoying! :D and the fact that he is a shapeshifter, just proves he could have shapeshifted into a wet lettuce for all the difference it made :yes::lol:

just proves he could have shapeshifted into a wet lettuce for all the difference it made :lol: :lol:

:D:yes::D Love it! See, that's how I think of Taylor Lautner as Jake ;)

:D:yes::D Love it! See, that's how I think of Taylor Lautner as Jake :lol:

*High five Fi* ;)

Noll ~ you know I am only joking :lol:

I liked it in the 'oh God I hate myself for liking this' kind of way. I'll never fully come to terms with liking Twilight. But more Taylor Lautner! WAHEY!!! :lol:

And darn, July 9th. Typical. So we'll have to survive a week of state-side ranting :D

Me too. I foundthe books very average, Twilight was better than the book, but I thought the NM film sucked royally. However, I still want to see Eclipse simply because I fancy thr pants off Taylor Lautner. THe trailer looks great - simply because Taylor has his shirt off for most of it! How Bella could choose wishy-washy, pale, obsessive Edward over Jake the totally hot-bodded GOD, I do not know and will never understand. I didn't get it in the books and I don't get it in the films either. Then again, I couldn't understand how anyone in their right minds could be even remotely attracted to whiny, clingy, needy Bella - she's such a wimp.

Anyway, Taylor = Jake = HOT! Roll on the summer, whatever date it happens to be. I'll not be going to the cinema to see it as I couldn't bear to part with my cash over a Twilight Saga film (I'd be kicking myself especially hard if it turned out to be as cr@p as NM!), so it'll be a while before I see it anyway, but I do still want to see it. Till then, I'll just have to watch the trailer over and over and over again to get my fix of Taylor!

Twilight was better than the book, but I thought the NM film sucked royally.

TBH, I loved New Moon. I don't know was it that I was just fantasizing about Taylor for the whole thing (or possibly the soundtrack, which admittedly I think is superb) but I enjoyed it. I'm less thrilled about Eclipse because I know it's not so Jake-o-centric. And all this, 'Bella Swan, I promise to love you forever yada yada' baloney. Puhlease. At least Jake tells it like it is. 'I'm in love with you.' It's a cliche for a very good reason!

I go out for one evening and come back and find I've missed out on all the fun! Just about to toddle off and watch the new trailer, although I did see the 10 second teaser earlier this morning, and heard Fearne Cotton raving about it on the radio this morning, so I'd had a bit of a Twilight fix, but I come back this evening and find you all in full flow! I can't believe we're going to have a wait to see it over here - peacefield will have seen it about 10 times before those of us in the rest of the world will get to see it :censored::no: (only kidding, peacefield, I know you won't rub it in :))

^9th July 2010 :censored:

i saw a trailor saying it was releasing 30th june 2010 in UK, cause me and my friends are planning a girlie trip to the cinema and been watching it closely. I love edward btw. just been reading everyone talking about jacob, during the books I hated him with a passion, that sounds horrible but

when edward left in new moon I cried and was close to not reading, strangely enough my friend who I made read the book cause I wouldnt shut up about it and was getting on her nerves felt the exact same cause she text me saying please tell me he comes back

i know sad crying about a book but i get so consumed by them. wrote it in a spoiler just incase dont wanna spoil anything for peeps.

If you check IMDB, the UK release date is stated as July 9th.

Linky -

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt1325004/

And it states July 9th on Summit's official website too.

Linky -

http://www.summit-ent.com/

June 30th is only the US/Canada, Mexico and bizarrely, Spain & Italy. Australia gets it July 1st, France July 7th, Germany July 15th.

Edited by Fi

I can't believe we're going to have a wait to see it over here - peacefield will have seen it about 10 times before those of us in the rest of the world will get to see it :censored::no: (only kidding, peacefield, I know you won't rub it in :))

:lol: Chesil! Now come on, I only managed to see NM 8 times since November you know! :) No worries though, I already promised I wouldn't say a word (other than how much I loved it) and spoil it for my fave BCF folks. I swear on The Neck! I will confess though I have 30 June off and am planning to go to the midnight showing again.

It still sucks though that you guys have to wait. I would love to have a discussion with Chris and ask why.

It still sucks though that you guys have to wait. I would love to have a discussion with Chris and ask why.

It'll be the might of Summit that made that really smart decision :censored: Oooh, unless the UK is going to get a proper premiere for Eclipse, unlike NM when they did some fan Q & A session instead after the film had been screened. Which means, they need to give our English boy time to fly home :no:

http://www.robsessedpattinson.com/2010/03/exclusive-eclipse-sneak-peak.html

This Eclipse sneak peek is on the New Moon dvd apparently, it doesn't say if it's just on the US version or on the UK version too :D So don't watch if you want a treat on release day :lol:

Having said that, I just watched and my boy Jasper's hair looks bad - again

:)

Thanks for sharing the link, Fi! :) I resisted watching the little sneak peek for about a minute, and then I lost my will :D.

It definitely looks a lot more action-packed and intense with all those new vampires introduced. Looks like we got to see Leah, too!

YAY!!