What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm reading Night's Edge, a book of 3 short stories by Charlaine Harris, Barbara Hambly and Maggie Shayne. My sookie books also came yesterday and they are super pretty :D

Me too! I started this last night :)

I finished Skin Privilege last night and I'm real glad I persevered, the book deserved to be read! Really shocking stuff.

So pleased you ended up enjoying this in the end, including the shock at the end! :D

Just finished Witch & Wizard by James Patterson. The very typical James Patterson YA book. I am about to write my review, but it was alight, quick and easy read and will keep an eye out for the next installment.

I am about to start reading Guilty Pleasures (An Anita Blake vampire Hunter book) by Laurell K Hamilton

There was a book fair on in my town today (a rare event!) so I popped down and bought 5 books:

Ernest Hemingway: For Whom the Bell Tolls

Charlaine Harris: Grave Sight

Chuck Palahniuk: Choke

David Sedaris: Me Talk Pretty One Day

David Sedaris: When You Are Engulfed in Flames

I just finished 'I am a Genius of unspeakable evil and I want to be your class president' by Josh Lieb and about to start 'Spindle's End' by Robin McKinley

:)

I have not got much reading done, but I went up to my local library and picked up some reservations: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and The Scent of Shadows; The first sign of the zodiac by Vicki Petterson.

I also asked about reserving World War Z and Dead America. They do not have a copy of Dead America. There is a copy of World War Z but it is not reservable.. WT??? :motz:I live no where near the library which has the book, so I am going to call them and ask why I can't get it sent to my local library.

Did a quick waltz round the local charity shops today and purchased;

The Eyre Affair. Jasper Fforde. (Never read any of his books before, but he seems quite popular on here, so thought I'd give him a go!)

Eragon. Christopher Paolini. (Again, due to good reviews.)

The Harrry Bosch Mysteries. Michael connelly. (A compendium of his first three Bosch novels.) Have read these before, but it was great to get a copy for my own bookshelf, and at such a reasonable price!!

All in all, a pretty good haul!:)

Plus, I'm half way through The Night watch, and loving it!!

Edited by northernnutter

The Eyre Affair. Jasper Fforde. (Never read any of his books before, but he seems quite popular on here, so thought I'd give him a go!)
I so hope you enjoy this, I for one think Jasper's a mad genius :) and it's hardly just me: Shades of Grey (the first book of his new series, due out at the end of December) is sold out on Amazon just thanks to preorders... good for him, but what do I do :D? They'd better rush a second printing or I won't have anything* for him to sign when he does his promototion tour in early 2010!

*well, apart from my copies of The Eyre Affair, Lost in a Good Book, The Well of Lost Plots and Something Rotten :) not to mention the "i" he needs to add to my name in First Among Sequels, The Big Over Easy and the Fourt Bear :D.

I so hope you enjoy this, I for one think Jasper's a mad genius :D.

Then this is going to the top of my reading list! I'll let you know what i think.:)

That's it! I'm going to dig out some Terry Pratchett, the ultimate reading mojo returner! :D Thanks NN, you've inspired me.

Glad to be of service, Chrissy! And I couldn't agree more! There's nothing like a bit of Pratchett to boost one's mojo.:)

Then this is going to the top of my reading list! I'll let you know what i think.
Looking forward to exchanging opinions with you :) my humble opinion is that if you like Pratchett, you cannot fail to like Fforde - proof of the matter being that the former has said of the latter, 'I'll be watching Fforde nervously.'

Did a quick waltz round the local charity shops today and purchased;

Eragon. Christopher Paolini. (Again, due to good reviews.)

Ooooh I've read Eragon (also bought at a charity shop :D) and I really enjoyed it. It was quite an easy read and one of those books you just breeze through. Hope you like it :)

I'm also intrigued by Jasper Fforde thanks to comments and recommendations. Think I'll push him up my 2010 reading list!

Man, I'm nearly a third through New Moon and I'm enjoying it far more than the first read-through. Also really liking Jacob. *sigh*

I think the movies have ruined me :)

:D I'm off to see the movie tonight but with the girls this time so I can swoon to my heart's content.........

I'm about a quarter way through The Body Thief by Anne Rice, who is fast becoming my No.1 favourite author.

I'm about a quarter way through The Body Thief by Anne Rice, who is fast becoming my No.1 favourite author.

I'm glad that you're enjoying that book, Nicola. I very much adore Anne Rice's work, myself. :D

Would it be okay to list a week and a half of book activity? :) I've been a busy one-eyed reader :D. I finished One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey, which I enjoyed very much. What struck me was

that the book started off as a depiction of a rather silly good time and breaking the rules, but ended in such tragedy for the characters. It was very thought provoking.

I also finished The Piano Tuner by Daniel Mason, a book I started a while ago and then put off for some reason. I took it with me the day of my eye operation and when I began reading it again, the story just swept me along and it turned out to be a wonderful adventure. :)

Finally, today I bought Anne Rice's new novel - Angel Time. I'm looking forward to starting it as soon as possible. I want to see what new ideas she has now that she's abandoned vampirism.

I'm glad that you're enjoying that book, Nicola. I very much adore Anne Rice's work, myself. :D

Would it be okay to list a week and a half of book activity? :) I've been a busy one-eyed reader :D. I finished One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey, which I enjoyed very much. What struck me was

that the book started off as a depiction of a rather silly good time and breaking the rules, but ended in such tragedy for the characters. It was very thought provoking.

Finally, today I bought Anne Rice's new novel - Angel Time. I'm looking forward to starting it as soon as possible. I want to see what new ideas she has now that she's abandoned vampirism.

I love One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.....the ending truely shocked me as I wasn't expecting it at all! Have you seen the movie with Jack Nicholson? He plays the role brilliantly :)

I'd be interested to find out what you think of Angel Time....hopefully it's as good as her previous work :)

I so hope you enjoy this, I for one think Jasper's a mad genius :) and it's hardly just me: Shades of Grey (the first book of his new series, due out at the end of December) is sold out on Amazon just thanks to preorders... good for him, but what do I do :D? They'd better rush a second printing or I won't have anything* for him to sign when he does his promototion tour in early 2010!

*well, apart from my copies of The Eyre Affair, Lost in a Good Book, The Well of Lost Plots and Something Rotten :) not to mention the "i" he needs to add to my name in First Among Sequels, The Big Over Easy and the Fourt Bear :D.

Don't worry, when I went to see him talk about First Among Sequels they had copies for sale on the night, and the

I love One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.....the ending truely shocked me as I wasn't expecting it at all! Have you seen the movie with Jack Nicholson? He plays the role brilliantly :)

I'd be interested to find out what you think of Angel Time....hopefully it's as good as her previous work :D

No, I haven't seen the movie, but I definitely intend to do so after reading the book! :D

Just bought Stephen King's IT and An Evil Cradling by Brian Keenan. On a book stall at the Beccles Town Christmas lights switch on.

IT will be a re read first read in 1992

Keenans book on his incarceration comes after "Some other Rainbow" by John Mcarthy. I read that in 2002/03.