What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

I just rewarded myself for getting a job and purchased 5 new books, and the total came to under $25.00. :D

Here is what I ordered:

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I feel so guilty and happy all at once. :D:D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rory group on Goodreads had it as their monthly read recently and I noticed a lot of great reviews about it. Gyre also seemed to enjoy it, AND it's on my dystopian list of books so it ticks several boxes for me! :D

Speaking of dystopians, I had a dream last night that I went to a second-hand bookshop and they had a whole bookcase of dystopian novels. I was in 7th heaven and kept picking them all up in awe; there were lots of old, rare books as well. I think I woke up before I bought anything though. <sigh>

I'm about 6 pages from the end of The Sign of Four and have to wait until morning tea before I can finish it. :D Then I'll get back into The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear.

Oh Gyre's read it already and liked it, that's always a good recommendation! :D Must peek in her thread to see the review. Don't we just love ticking several boxes in our different to-read -lists :D

What a lovely dream you had! Book dreams are always so nice, I often dream of finding great books, but I hate waking up :D

Can't wait to read your review on the Moers book by the way, I've been wanting to read that book for a while now. And Gyre's read that too, which is always a great recommendation. (Oh wait, did I say that already? :D)

Can't wait to read your review on the Moers book by the way, I've been wanting to read that book for a while now. And Gyre's read that too, which is always a great recommendation. (Oh wait, did I say that already? :D)

:D You make me laugh so much Frankie :D

I'll try to do a decent review of The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear when I've finished. It certainly deserves a great review. I can already highly recommend it. :D

I got two more books in the mail today:

Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

The Human Form in Mosaic (reference book) by Elaine M Goodwin

That means I have about 6 more books on the way next week. :D

have been pretty busy so not really had time to read, but I think I have left my Mojo on the plane, I can't seem to get into any book. I put down Blood Brother by Jack Kerley and picked up Bitten by Kelley Armstrong but did not want to read that either and because I have heard so many good things about the books I want to wait until I am in the mood for it.

so I have decided to read Dexter By Design. A light quick read to get my mojo back. I know I could have started Breaking dawn by Stephenie Meyer quite easily but I really want to read that on the plane.

30 pages in and going Ok so far. Fingers crossed!

Ooo I've been thinking about getting this one, so I'll be interested in what you think! :D

Well I started Bitten by Kelley Armstrong but I'm so tempted to postpone that so I can read this (Which means I'll start it in about an hour!! :D)

I'll let you know how it goes Lexie :D

I am about halfway through False Memory and it's putting me to sleep. It started out well, but now the author keeps on covering the same ground over and over again. I get it already! :D The plot also seems predictable, but maybe there will be an unexpected twist that I haven't foreseen.

This is the worst I have read by Koontz so far. I hope the ending will make it all worthwhile.

Edited by libri vermis

I finished Brighton Rock last night, which was really good, and now I'm going to start The Catcher In The Rye by J.D.Salinger.

I will be really interested in hearing what you think of 'The Catcher In The Rye', as it is one of those (many) books that I think I should read, but am yet to get around to it.