What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The Bodies Left Behind' by Jeffrey Deaver. Only a few chapters in and I am already in my Deaverette groove. :D

I bought this the other day and it's the first book of his I have ever read (well when I read it later this week :D). I hope I enjoy it because people on here seem to love his books :)

I finished By the Time You Read This by Lola Jaye - never read her work before but enjoyed it :D found myself comparing this book to Things I Want My Daughters to Know and think I preferred the latter. Now I'm going to read Influential Women by Wendy Virgo

I am about 30 or so pages into The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett. Here are my thoughts:

:D:lol::D:lol:

And the Discworld books just get better and better...

I'm reading The Boleyn Inheritance. Henry VIII truly was a monster. Phillipa does a great job describing the smell of his wounded leg and just his overall grossness!

Haha I remember that from this book. I really enjoyed it :)

I'm about 80 pages into The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Everything about it is wonderful and adorable. :D

And because it's such a big book, I needed something smaller to take around in my bag yesterday, so I started The Sign of Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and I'm about 55 pages into that.

And I bought another book yesterday: A Lion Amongt Men by Gregory Maguire.

Almost Finished Let meet on plantform 8 by Carole Matthews then i be going on to The Rabbit Factory by Marshall Karp.

I really enjoyed The Rabbit Factory hope you do to. :D

I`ve nearly finished Mudbound by Hillary Jordan, a really good story. (I recommend it) :D

Finished Stolen this morning and started The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown tonight.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of that one Peace. My gf loves all the Dan Brown books but she is half way through that one and does not like it at all.

Glad to see your mojo is back in full swing, Nollaig. :)

I've read another 50 pages of Captain Bluebear and should be able to get through another good chunk this afternoon/tonight.

Thank you :) Tomorrow I'll be buying some Kate Mosse and Tracy Chevalier, with any luck.

Ooo which ones? I liked Burning Bright by Chevalier as well as The Girl With the Pearl Earring.

Another 20 pages of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo on the train this morning. If I could stay awake I'd read about 10x more books!

Haha I find that too - although I get through quite a few anyway!

Finished Stolen this morning and started The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown tonight.

I'm also interested in how you find The Lost Symbol - I find his work very similar, will be interesting to see if this stands out more

I'm going to start The Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews on the plane. Most probably. I did raid maman's bookself again, though...

Edited by ii

Ooo which ones? I liked Burning Bright by Chevalier as well as The Girl With the Pearl Earring.

Anything I can find in the charity shop! I read Girl With A Pearl Earring the other day but it's all I've read by her, and I'm sure I've seen more by her in the shop where I got Girl. :)

I didn't get too very far in The Lost Symbol yesterday, but managed to get to about pg 60 or so. Dan and Kate, I'll let you know how I find it. So far it's his signature plot, but I don't mind it so much because I find the subject matter interesting. Hopefully one day though Mr. Brown will branch out and write about something completely different! LOL