Lion of Ireland by Morgan Llywelyn

Katrina1968

I tell you, sometimes its like Christmas on my bookshelf! Great Celtic read. You REALLY feel as though your right there.

By Morgan Llywelyn

King, warrior, and lover Brian Boru was stronger, braver, and wiser than all other men--the greatest king Ireland has ever known. Out of the mists of the country's most violent age, he merged to lead his people to the peak of their golden era.

His women were as remarkable as his adventures: Fiona, the druidess with mystical powers; Deirdre, beautiful victim of a Norse invader's brutal lust; Gormlaith, six-foot, read-haired goddess of sensuality.

Set against the barbaric splendors of the tenth century, this is a story rich in truth and legend-in which friends become deadly enemies, bedrooms turn into battlefields, and dreams of glory are finally fulfilled. Morgan Llywelyn has written one of the greatest novels of Irish history.

I tell you, sometimes its like Christmas on my bookshelf! Great Celtic read. You REALLY feel as though your right there.

By Morgan Llywelyn

King, warrior, and lover Brian Boru was stronger, braver, and wiser than all other men--the greatest king Ireland has ever known. Out of the mists of the country's most violent age, he merged to lead his people to the peak of their golden era.

His women were as remarkable as his adventures: Fiona, the druidess with mystical powers; Deirdre, beautiful victim of a Norse invader's brutal lust; Gormlaith, six-foot, read-haired goddess of sensuality.

Set against the barbaric splendors of the tenth century, this is a story rich in truth and legend-in which friends become deadly enemies, bedrooms turn into battlefields, and dreams of glory are finally fulfilled. Morgan Llywelyn has written one of the greatest novels of Irish history.

It's going on TBR list! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Waw ! That sounds absolutely great !!!! My God I should have never come here ! All of you make me discover so many books !!! :)

I have to read this one too !!! It's a pity it doesn't exist in French, it'd have been easier for me ^^ Could someone tell me if the language is rather easy or will I have to read it with a dictionary next to me? ;)