Me, me and oh, me!

Vanwa

Have made a few posts already but thought I better pop up in here and make myself known! So...

Hi guys.

I'm using the nic Vanwa, which is Quenya for "lost". Quenya was one of the languages developed, for those who don't know, by Tolkien, of who I am a massive fan.

I'm 22 years old, although I'm on the one month countdown to 23, and most of the time I still feel about 14 :D, guess it will always be that way, until I feel old anyhow :lol:

I live in Portsmouth in the UK, although I've lived in almost all 4 corners of England now.

I was quite a high-flyer at school, but unfortunately have not yet amounted to much. Due to various issues in my life, I failed miserably at my A Levels. Something I have regretted ever since.

I don't have very many hobbies or interests as such, but the written word for me is something special, whether it be my own or someone else's.

In my free time, I can be found playing with my gorgeous huskie, reading, surfing the internet, or putting my thoughts into poetry.

Although I will read virtually anything, and own hundreds of books, my prized collection is fantasy. I also love classics such as Austen, Tolstoy, the Bronte Sisters, children's classics like Enid Blyton and Beatrix Potter, a selection of poetry, and drama including Stoppard's Arcadia and Shakespeare. And there are some novels that have stuck with me for various reasons since I was a child; Pollyanna, Black Beauty, Watership Down. Last but by no means least, I have a growing collection of Ian McEwan, who somewhere in his long and detailed descriptions captures something special.

Well, that's a little about me, and more than enough for now I think, and I look forward to getting to know you around the forum :tong: