In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the CNN link:

"There is nothing special about me. I have never wanted special attention. I was only willing to do what was asked of me and what seemed necessary at the time."

How many people these days would be so humble about such brave actions?

The BBC has the story as well.

Oh yes I heard about Dannii Minogue being pregnant. I don't know why but I never thought she would have a baby. Congrats to her though. Cheryl next!

Apparently on channel 4 news tonight at 7pm my sister will be on there. They went to her school as it remained open and were talking to her group of friends about how easy it was to get to school, how they feel about not wearing their uniform all week blah blah blah.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I should accept the story at face value or not, because (possibly spurious) claims about diseases being caused by playing computer games have been kicking around since the early eighties - nevertheless, there's a new scare out there. From The Times no less. And it has been picked up by television news as well.

Can you imagine not having a bookstore in your town?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/01/22/laredo.books/index.html?hpt=Sbin

This is shocking! At least they have 2 libraries, but still!

I'm not sure if I should accept the story at face value or not, because (possibly spurious) claims about diseases being caused by playing computer games have been kicking around since the early eighties - nevertheless, there's a new scare out there. From The Times no less. And it has been picked up by television news as well.

Have you read Halfhead by Stuart Macbride? It features something called "VR Syndrome" which is caused by playing virtual reality games...

I was told by a Head Dietician the other day that rickets had returned!