The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great film that. Odd but great.

I loved There Will Be Blood, Mexicola and Andrea. I never find fault with any PT Anderson though, so I'm a bit biased (oh, except for Punch Drunk Love, ugh). Daniel Day-Lewis is amazingness :lol:.

PT Anderson is brilliant- Magnolia is one of all time favourite films. Like you peacefield, I wasn't overly keen on Punch Drunk Love though. Not sure what went wrong there!

Daniel Day-Lewis is so incredible in that film. His voice alone deserved the Oscar, let alone the flawless acting!

"I drink your milkshake!"

Love it :D

PT Anderson is brilliant- Magnolia is one of all time favourite films. Like you peacefield, I wasn't overly keen on Punch Drunk Love though. Not sure what went wrong there!

Daniel Day-Lewis is so incredible in that film. His voice alone deserved the Oscar, let alone the flawless acting!

"I drink your milkshake!"

Love it :)

I love that quote, Mexicola! Paul Dano did amazing in the film as well - I wonder what he's up to? Haven't seen him in anything since. I really wish TWBB had won the Oscar that year instead of No Country for Old Men :D. Magnolia is one of my all time faves too! Definitely an overlooked film and I still love listening to the soundtrack. Have you ever seen Anderson's 'Hard Eight?' Another piece of magic :).

I love that quote, Mexicola! Paul Dano did amazing in the film as well - I wonder what he's up to? Haven't seen him in anything since. I really wish TWBB had won the Oscar that year instead of No Country for Old Men :). Magnolia is one of my all time faves too! Definitely an overlooked film and I still love listening to the soundtrack. Have you ever seen Anderson's 'Hard Eight?' Another piece of magic :D.

Paul Dano was brilliant, I've only seen him in that and Little Miss Sunshine. Checked IMDB and looks as though he has a few films due out this year. Definitely an actor to look out for, I think!

I agree, I did love No Country too though!

I've not seen Hard Eight, I'll have to look out for it. Thanks! :)

I watched Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark the other night. Really entertaining film, it has it's clich

My thoughts on Indy are forever sullied by the (hopefully) final instalment of the franchise. Can't Georgie leave his characters well enough alone? I had a hard enough time with the three abominations that passed for Star Wars prequels... [insert long rant here]

My thoughts on Indy are forever sullied by the (hopefully) final instalment of the franchise. Can't Georgie leave his characters well enough alone? I had a hard enough time with the three abominations that passed for Star Wars prequels... [insert long rant here]

I didn't particularly like those Star Wars movies either, why mess with the classics unless you are going to actually add some depth or expansion on them?? It's stupid. I have not seen the last Indy movie yet.

See I am lucky then. I love Indiana Jones, but have never seen the Crystal Skull. Didn't feel like it, and afterwards heard it's bad. So no for me.

I watched The Omen yesterday evening. The 70's original, not the horrible remake.. don't care for Julia Stiles anyway. Plus, a remake should be superior to the original, especially if you won't change a lot.. and the 70's film is just so much better.:welcome:

My thoughts on Indy are forever sullied by the (hopefully) final instalment of the franchise.

Some bad news for you, ole chap; it looks like No. 5 is going ahead, according to some comments Ford made recently.

I saw it in the cinema and thought it was pretty poor, but I recently re-watched it on DVD and didn't find it so offensive. It's not a good film by any means, I think the best term to use would be "unnecessary".

I'm watching Transformers and really enjoying it

I was just coming to post that I watched this last night, and thought it was a load of ole pants! It looks very pretty, but there is no story and the acting was terrible - I guess I may have been missing the point of the film (i.e. giant robots clobbering each other!).

I can't shake the feeling that someone just remade the much better Small Soldiers, but with bigger robots!