The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LexiePiper: Did you cry at seven pounds? I've watched it twice now and balled my eyes out both times!! I've asked for it as a xmas prezzie.

Yes, every time it still gets me and I've seen it about 7 times! :( It's an amazing film :exc:

I'm watching Con Air atm :D

Love it :D Definitely one of my top 5 programmes :D (well not counting the newer ones - it was OK but really not a match for the original series :D)

Agreed :lol:. The early series were cheap-looking but cheerfully funny. But the later series i thought, were impressive looking but the charm had gone from the show.

Last dvd i watched was Sleuth starring Jude Law and Micheal Caine ;)

I love Red Dwarf but it's hard to watch it now because i keep thinking "there's Llyod from Corrie, Gordon Brittas from The Brittas Empire, that bloke from Scrapheap Challange and i swear i've seen the Cat on a childrens tv show"

I love Red Dwarf but it's hard to watch it now because i keep thinking "there's Llyod from Corrie, Gordon Brittas from The Brittas Empire, that bloke from Scrapheap Challange and i swear i've seen the Cat on a childrens tv show"

That's funny because when i see the Red Dwarf actors in anything else i immediately think of their Red Dwarf characters. They'll always be typecast as the 'Boys from the Dwarf' for me :lol:. Brittas Empire was blooming funny, it should get a repeat on 'Dave' ;).

Apparently a US pilot was made of Red Dwarf, but it didn't take off. Don't think it's ever been shown in the UK. Would love to see it.

;) - you're probably right.

Just did a quick google and the US pilot was filmed way back in 1992. Holly the computer was played by Jane Leeves the British actress in Fraiser! And the actor cast to play Lister was a bit too handsome with a designer stubble *tuts*. Apparently, Chris Barrie was loathed to do it as he was unhappy with the tv contract.

Sounds like it was a troubled venture from the get go :lol:.