The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

Blair Witch is great Tom. It's actually underrated because people are too busy overrating it 'because it's not true'. It's still done very well.

I watched Primer last night, and will again tonight. Epic, epic timetravel-based hard-SciFi movie filmed by Shane Carruth and his family and friends on a budget of $7000. One of those classics that needs nothing but the sheer genius and enthusiasm of it's creators to make it amazing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blair Witch is great Tom. It's actually underrated because people are too busy overrating it 'because it's not true'. It's still done very well.

I watched Primer last night, and will again tonight. Epic, epic timetravel-based hard-SciFi movie filmed by Shane Carruth and his family and friends on a budget of $7000. One of those classics that needs nothing but the sheer genius and enthusiasm of it's creators to make it amazing.

I agree, is it so much to ask for people to shut up and let the film take them inside it instead of thinking 'lol this isn't real :S' it's like duh!!

I need to watch that Primer film, i'll put it on my list :giggle:

Ooh, this sounds intriguing. I've never heard of it before. How long has it been around?

Ooh, this sounds intriguing. I've never heard of it before. How long has it been around?

Since 2004. It's seriously, seriously good but it'll mess with your head - Shane Carruth is a mathematician and he made the movie so that all the pieces to work out the main puzzle to an acceptable level are there, but some bits are insolvable and some parts have never been agreed on by anyone.

Will Smith is an amazing actor. Particularly in the first half of that film, i saw it at the cinema when it came out on IMAX and it was fantastic and compelling to watch him.

He intrigues me..very rarely do I empathise with a character as much as I do with him.

Have you seen The pursuit of happyness? It's the only film I've seen at the cinema that everyone clapped at the end. Literally everyone was on the edge of their seat the whole way through, talk about emotionally draining.

Seven pounds as well..I've cried my eyes out in all 3 of these films!

I have heard a lot about that film but not seen it! I love him in Enemy of the State, he just makes the situation seem so realistic and desperate in that. I also think he is hilarious in Hancock :giggle: I feel some of his best acting is definitely the first half an hour of I am Legend, to spend so much time onscreen alone except for the beautiful dog, and to keep the audience's attention, you have to command a great screen presence.

I watched Mulholland Dr., but I can't reaaly say if I liked it or not, because I didn't get it.:( I have to think over it...

David Lynch's movies have become almost impossible to decipher.

But I find it fun trying to do so! :D

Lynch is big with double identities, and people switching souls and/or bodies.

Lost Highway is something of a precursor to Mulholland Drive.

Inland Empire begins with Polish Rabbit People (yes, Polish Rabbit People) in some sort of quasi-Ionesco setting. Figure that out! :exc:

For an easy-to-understand Lynch movie, and one with a rather spiritual message (for Christmas, although technically not a Christmas movie):

The Straight Story.