What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

Need to go to the library and explain that the book they think I stole never in fact left their buildings - I checked it out, then in the reading room realised only 20 or so pages were relevant to my dissertation so I photocopied them and gave it right back. Librarians of silliness...!

I hope to make some headway into The Gates by John Connolly on the tram there: it reminds me so much of Good Omens (one of my favourite books ever), has had such positive reviews on here from people I trust and is written by such a likeable bloke I really want to like it :D!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too much time to spare today, so don't know how far I'll get with The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle but certainly, I'll get at least a couple of chapters done. I take the bus to work, so I always have at least that time to read ...which works out to about 40 mins a day.

I went out and bought some more penguin classis to my collection they look like this

manual_9780141192468.jpg

manual_9780141192444.jpg

if you type exclusive penguin classics into the waterstones site most of the others avaliable come up. I can't wait to finish the collection.

Those books are absolutely beautiful :D I like the Shakespeare one :lol:

I've just registered here, and this place sure looks exciting!

I've just started reading Charles Dicken's Oliver Twist. Anybody have any opinions on that book?

Hello and welcome to the forum :D

Oliver Twist is a fantastic book. I don't think I have ever wanted a character to succeed as much as I did little Oliver :)

Read 173 pages of The Un-Dead last night, surprising even myself. I didn't think I was going to fly through it. Very, very easy to read, but starting to get a bit scattery too I think. It'll be interesting to see how it all ties up.

Just started 'Les Miserables', think its going to take a bit of time to finish
It took me a whole year, but then again I was fourteen and reading two to three other books a week along the side :D I hope you enjoy it (what with it being my favourite book of all time and all) and that, when you get to a certain chapter, certain things will fall into place for you :D!

Someone gave my mother-in-law a bag of books but she's not a big reader so she gave them to me to see if there is anything I want. I got:

Keeping the Dead and Life Support by Tess Gerritsen for my hubby

The Warrior's Princess by Barbara Erskine (no idea about this/her as I haven't Googled yet)

The Day Job by Mark Wallington (ditto)

The Trespass by Barbara Ewing

The Road to Nab End by William Woodruff

Well, I put "The Book of Common Dread" to bed for the time being..somehow it just does not grab me. I had to re-read the first ten pages over and over and over again, yet I found the music on my iPod more interesting in the end...not a good sign

So I started on Ruth Rendall "From Doon with Death" now. here's hoping for more interest :D

Edited by KimmyS
too tipsy to be typing

Anisia, I've had 'Frenchman's Creek' on my shelf for a long time - I'm anxious to hear what you think.

YayyYAY Catwoman! I hope you love The Lost Book of Salem as much as the rest of us! Please let us know your thoughts since I can't wait for other people to read it :D.

I stopped at Barnes & Noble today just to pick up a magazine and browse, unfortunately (oh, and a coffee of course). I can't justify buying brand new books right now especially when I have SO many sitting on my shelf that I have yet to read. If I go to 1/2 Price Books though and see something, well, I won't hold back :D. I did see however that Rebecca Stott has a new book out, entitled 'The Coral Thief,' and it looked really good. I had no idea she had a new book out so I'm excited to one day read it!

Read another 90 pages of The Undead, opinion is definately that the idea is very good, and it has some great twists and points of execution (literally and literar-ily) but it's also a bit over the top and scatty in parts. You'd know it was a first novel. Still enjoyable though.

I finished 'Frostbitten' by Kelley Armstrong and I have just started 'Emotional Geology' by Linda Gillard

:D