What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban today :blush:

I think that this was the Harry Potter that really hooked me. The first two are definitely children's books, but the darkness of 'prisoner Of Azkaban', both in it's theme and in the introduction of more substantial and complex characters, really made the series take off for me.

The postman just delivered Dracula The Un-dead and my dad delivered a nice big stack of library books - I think I have enough books for the weekend now :blush:

Still reading The Ghost at the Table. :blush: I'm really dragging my feet with this one but not bacause it's a bad book .....just that I can't seem to sit still long enough lately to read anything. Hopefully this weekend will see it finished.

Unseen Academicals just arrived in the post *does happy dance*! I've got things I need to be reading first though, after which announcement OH said "I can read it then" - he doesn't read much so *does even happier dance* :blush::D:D! I must say I do love the cover, esp. The Librarian and Vetinari (quite possibly my joint favourite Discworld characters). Usually I find Pratchett covers a bit overloaded with sensory information but this one's just right.

Unseen Academicals just arrived in the post *does happy dance*! I've got things I need to be reading first though, after which announcement OH said "I can read it then" - he doesn't read much so *does even happier dance* :D:mrgreen::lol:! I must say I do love the cover, esp. The Librarian and Vetinari (quite possibly my joint favourite Discworld characters). Usually I find Pratchett covers a bit overloaded with sensory information but this one's just right.

Yay! So glad you got it :blush: I've almost finished it and I'm pretty sure it's going to be in my top 10 DW novels :eek:

Yay! So glad you got it :blush: I've almost finished it and I'm pretty sure it's going to be in my top 10 DW novels :eek:
Thank you :D and don't say that, you make me want to ditch my reading plan to pick this up instead :lol:!!

In between reading short stories centred around contemporary sleuths of Sherlock Holmes, I have also started on Madame Bovary and so far am loving it.

Started The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen today. I'm in the mood for some good old modern-day suspense, but mixed with historical 1830's Boston! :blush:

Oh thats a fantastic read peacefield, hope you enjoy it!

Just making my way through the immoral tales of Christopher Fowler in The devil in me.:D

I have read a book about Leadership and Management in Early Years Education today, as well as a few chapters of Harry Potter :D

I'm reading uni stuff too. Planning theory :blush:

I'm reading uni stuff too. Planning theory :blush:

Yeah Nicola - it's never the interesting stuff you have to read either. I had to sit and read all 50 something child rights yesterday and write a few sentences on each to explain. I don't think I've ever been so bored in my life :D

Bought Her Fearful Symmetry today by Audrey Niffenegger

I didn't know she has a new novel out.... *googles* Ooh, and it sounds interesting, I wonder when it will arrive at my local bookstore. :blush: