What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two books just arrived in the post.

Midwives ~ Chris Bohjalian (it sounds familiar, hoping I haven't already read it) Bookring on Bookcrossing

Things I want my Daughters to Know ~ Elizabeth Noble (bookring on here run by Kate)

Must get on with my reading. My mojo whatsit thingy is on a go slow at the moment:irked:

So much for not buying books - I just got A Share In Death by Deborah Crombie, Knife by R J Anderson, Wings by Aprilynne Pike and Mythangelus by Storm Constantine :blush: I also picked up Baking Cakes In Kigali by Gaile Parkin while I was in Waitrose yesterday.

Just been on a charity shop raid and got some corking books. I skipped home with:

Yrsa Sigurdardottir- My Soul To Take

Richard Stark- Ask The Parrot

Joseph Wambaugh- The Blue Knight

Robert Wilson- The Silent and the Damned

Bruce Kennedy Jones- The Last Straight Face

All nearly new and under a tenner- result:lol:

Well Im a bit miffed :P was expecting the books I ordered from Play to arrive today......grrr good job I got loads of other stuff to read!!

Says the one still reading her current book :blush:

I picked up three books from the library today -

Roadside Crosses ~ Jeffery Deaver

Dying Light ~ Stuart Macbride

and

Cold Granite ~ Stuart Macbride

I`m looking forward to reading all 3 of them. :blush:

Good choice! Start with Cold Granite before Dying Light. I've read them both and they're really good :lol:

I bought Patricia Cormwell's Predator for 25p

Bargain! That's one of her better ones if I remember correctly :motz:

My wonderful OH offered .... I repeat offered.... of his own free will I might add, to take me to the city to the large Waterstone's and wait, with no complaints, while I browsed! He then bought me The Sookie Stackhouse Series (except the last one, its hardback and doesn't match :motz:, but will get it in paperback when it's out), Broken Skin by Stuart MacBride and Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. :P

I'm one happy bunny today :D

Ooooh, lucky you Charm! That's a good haul :P

I just had to order the new Dan Brown for my mum - she got most upset I hadn't mentioned that he had written another book :blush:

Just been on a charity shop raid and got some corking books. I skipped home with:

Yrsa Sigurdardottir- My Soul To Take

Richard Stark- Ask The Parrot

Joseph Wambaugh- The Blue Knight

Robert Wilson- The Silent and the Damned

Bruce Kennedy Jones- The Last Straight Face

All nearly new and under a tenner- result:lol:

Yep I've been to raid the charity shops again,and I skipped home with:

Lisa Gardner-The Perfect Husband

Peter Robinson-A Necessary End

Beverly Barton-Cold Hearted

Adam Thorpe-The Standing Pool

I also have won a copy of Nick Hornby-High Fidelity.:blush:

Eventually managed to start a new book today, and decided on Mourning Ruby by Helen Dunmore which I need to read before the meeting next week.

Also popped into Waterstone's to get a book for OH and came out with that and one for me too :blush:Bonjour Tristesse and A Certain Smile by Fran

Good choice! Start with Cold Granite before Dying Light. I've read them both and they're really good :lol:

My wonderful OH offered .... I repeat offered.... of his own free will I might add, to take me to the city to the large Waterstone's and wait, with no complaints, while I browsed! He then bought me The Sookie Stackhouse Series (except the last one, its hardback and doesn't match :motz:, but will get it in paperback when it's out), Broken Skin by Stuart MacBride and Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. :blush:

I'm one happy bunny today :D

You are a lucky lady! :P

I reserved the Stuart Macbride books after reading your reviews! Looking forward to reading them myself. :motz:

This afternoon I staged a birthday invasion of Waterstones. I would have walked away with everything I wanted, but they insisted that I pay, so I stuck with:

The Great Hunt - Robert Jordan

The Woman In White - Wilkie Collins

The Diary Of A Nobody - George & Weedon Grossmith

The Collected Short Stories Of Saki - Saki

I got home to find an Amazon gift certificate from my aunt, so my shelves will be packed even tighter soon!

My wonderful OH offered .... I repeat offered.... of his own free will I might add, to take me to the city to the large Waterstone's and wait, with no complaints, while I browsed! He then bought me The Sookie Stackhouse Series (except the last one, its hardback and doesn't match :motz:, but will get it in paperback when it's out), Broken Skin by Stuart MacBride and Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. :blush:

I'm one happy bunny today :motz:

Wow you lucky lady!

Yep I've been to raid the charity shops again,and I skipped home with:

Lisa Gardner-The Perfect Husband

Peter Robinson-A Necessary End

Beverly Barton-Cold Hearted

Adam Thorpe-The Standing Pool

I also have won a copy of Nick Hornby-High Fidelity.:P

How did you win it?? Congratulations.

This afternoon I staged a birthday invasion of Waterstones. I would have walked away with everything I wanted, but they insisted that I pay, so I stuck with:

The Great Hunt - Robert Jordan

The Woman In White - Wilkie Collins

The Diary Of A Nobody - George & Weedon Grossmith

The Collected Short Stories Of Saki - Saki

I got home to find an Amazon gift certificate from my aunt, so my shelves will be packed even tighter soon!

I read The Woman in White for GCE Literature at school its on my to read again list when I get around to getting myself another copy :blush:

My OH ran into me with a trolley at Tesco earlier, so to say sorry he bought me Stephenie Meyer's The Host and Erica James' It's The Little Things

Now that's what I call an apology - how lovely of him :blush:

Ooooh, lucky you Charm! That's a good haul :lol:

You are a lucky lady! :P

Wow you lucky lady!.

I know :blush: He knows exactly how to keep me happy! :motz:

This afternoon I staged a birthday invasion of Waterstones. I would have walked away with everything I wanted, but they insisted that I pay

:motz: Nice try Sedge!

I'm nearly finished Living With The Dead by Kelley Armstrong then I think I'll read her Men Of The Otherworld book. :D

I'm so glad I bought the newer Linwood Barclay book, Too Close To Home, as it's BRILLIANT! The tagline is the best thing I've ever read, I actually laughed in the shop when I read it - 'What's more frightening than your next-door neighbours being murdered? Finding out the killers went to the wrong house....' I don't think it's meant to be funny, but various lines by Jim Cutter (the story's narrator) really made me crack up. It's very well written, so much so that I'm still up at nearly 5am, nearly 200 pages into the book! :blush:

I'm so glad I bought the newer Linwood Barclay book, Too Close To Home, as it's BRILLIANT! The tagline is the best thing I've ever read, I actually laughed in the shop when I read it - 'What's more frightening than your next-door neighbours being murdered? Finding out the killers went to the wrong house....' I don't think it's meant to be funny, but various lines by Jim Cutter (the story's narrator) really made me crack up. It's very well written, so much so that I'm still up at nearly 5am, nearly 200 pages into the book! :blush:

HaHa! Thats Hillarious! I have not read any of his books even though Linwood Barclay rings a bell. I will have to write it in a little book.

Don't you just love it when you get a book that makes you want to stay up till the early hours of the morning just to finish it. Can't wait to hear your review at the end.

CW

HaHa! Thats Hillarious! I have not read any of his books even though Linwood Barclay rings a bell. I will have to write it in a little book.

Don't you just love it when you get a book that makes you want to stay up till the early hours of the morning just to finish it. Can't wait to hear your review at the end.

CW

He also wrote No Time For Goodbye, which got pretty good reviews on here, barring the ending if I recall. I own it but haven't read it, I struggled to get into it so I was taking a real gamble on his second book, (it was between Too Close To Home and that new Stephen King collection of short stories) and I definately made the right choice! :blush:

I've only managed to read about 60 pages of Love the One You're With this week. However, my three year old students seem to be adjusting amazingly well to school, so hopefully once I'm used to be being back to work, the reading will pick up and I won't slip away from it like I do every other fall season.