What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

I finished The puzzle ring today - lovely little book and it makes me want to pick up more of Kate Forsyth's books.

I was also surprised with all 7 Harry Potter books in a hard cover box set by my little sister. I've been wanting to get it for ages but she went and got it for me 'just because' I'm very lucky.:lol:

Awe that is so nice of her.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm nearly finished the fifth in the House of Night series. As I'm going away tomorrow, I'm taking Lovely Bones, Devil Wears Prada and Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult :D

Have a fantastic trip wherever you are going. :lol:

Devil wears Prada is a great book for a long flight or car jouney.

Just finished Iron Council by China Mieville and next up is a Jasper Fforde marathon, starting with a re-read of the Thursday Next books :D

Was very naughty and ordered Wuthering Heights and Pride & Prejudice in those gorgeous hardcover editions and also pre-ordered Emma. Oooops :lol:

I finished Definitely Dead today, it was my least favorite of the Sookie books. I don't know, I just felt that the storyline was really fractured and not cohesive. Maybe it was my own fault, I read 20-30 every now and then and couldn't spend longer periods of time reading it. I'm really

disliking Quinn as well.

Will probably start the next Sookie book today :lol:

next up is a Jasper Fforde marathon, starting with a re-read of the Thursday Next books
Oooh that sounds like fun, enjoy!

Was very naughty and ordered Wuthering Heights and Pride & Prejudice in those gorgeous hardcover editions and also pre-ordered Emma. Oooops
I know, aren't they splendid?? As soon as I have a job = first paycheck... bwhahahahahaha!

Guest velocipede2288

Just started The Sins of the Father, by Lawrence Brock. I have read other book by him featuring Bernie Rhodenbarr, a bookseller by day and a burglar by night, a weird sort of hero, bit like Dextor, only less criminal.

This one though is about a kind of private eye, who doesn't call himself a PI.

I was also surprised with all 7 Harry Potter books in a hard cover box set by my little sister. I've been wanting to get it for ages but she went and got it for me 'just because' I'm very lucky.:D

That's a lovely surprise :lol:

I finished Definitely Dead today, it was my least favorite of the Sookie books. I don't know, I just felt that the storyline was really fractured and not cohesive. Maybe it was my own fault, I read 20-30 every now and then and couldn't spend longer periods of time reading it. I'm really

disliking Quinn as well.

Will probably start the next Sookie book today :D

I thought that too Frankie. It wasn't as good as previous books in the series and as you know,

I'm not a fan of 'shiny-bald-headed Quinn' :D He says "babe" too much.

:tong:

I'm planning on carrying on with Eldest today. It's a good story and trickles along nicely.

Just started The Sins of the Father, by Lawrence Brock. I have read other book by him featuring Bernie Rhodenbarr, a bookseller by day and a burglar by night, a weird sort of hero, bit like Dextor, only less criminal.

This one though is about a kind of private eye, who doesn't call himself a PI.

I think that's one of the books on my TBR list - The Burglar Who Liked To Quote Kipling. I bought it a couple of years ago, when there was a whole batch of books that had been reissued in a new version and were being sold for

I thought that too Frankie. It wasn't as good as previous books in the series and as you know,

I'm not a fan of 'shiny-bald-headed Quinn' :D He says "babe" too much.

:lol:

I agree with that Nicola :D

Quinn says "babe" too much and Eric says "my lover" too much. It really annoys me by the end :tong:

I have just started The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. I love the film so hoping the book will be even better :D

I haven't read a thing today. Nothing. Zilch. :lol:

Is that due to not having time, or has your Mojo dissappeared?

As for me I have been able to read a lot today and I am so glad. I am reading Karin Slaughter's Genisis really quickly.

Is that due to not having time, or has your Mojo dissappeared?

As for me I have been able to read a lot today and I am so glad. I am reading Karin Slaughter's Genisis really quickly.

I think its cause I've been sat on the sofa on my lappy all day! :lol:

How is Genesis? Is it any better than her last one?

I think its cause I've been sat on the sofa on my lappy all day! :lol:

How is Genesis? Is it any better than her last one?

Well.... *giggles* A lot has happened in Three years. ALOT of the book circles around the characters and their feelings and lives. You can tell that karin Slaughter is doing some major bottom licking. She even dedicates the book to the reader for 'Sticking with her'.

AND I am half way through

with NO LENA.

This is not a major spolier but just incase you want to no nothing of the book. I have spoilered it.

As for the story of the actual murders. I idea is good so far but I feel at the moment I am half way through it, the main emphasis is on the characters themselves. But I think the empahsis may change now.

Oh and I am LOVING the Will Trent/ Sara combination. but

I still miss Jeff :D

I haven't read a thing today. Nothing. Zilch. :lol:

I read a few short chapters before I went to work, but not much either - browsing through someone else's trashy magazine that they left in our staff rest room doesn't really count. There isn't much on TV tonight though, so will switch the computer off and read some more in a minute. I am getting to the climax of the story.

Not sure how much I've read, but unfortunately it seems I'm getting steadily to the end of Inkheart. With just over 130 pages remaining, or something along those lines. I've paced myself instead of rushing with this one, because it's a brilliant book and I know I'll be disappointed when I come to the end of the series.

Well.... *giggles* A lot has happened in Three years. ALOT of the book circles around the characters and their feelings and lives. You can tell that karin Slaughter is doing some major bottom licking. She even dedicates the book to the reader for 'Sticking with her'.]

This is nice to hear. Obviously she's been getting other negative feedback about the latest books but at least she's listening to it. ;)

AND I am half way through

with NO LENA.

This is not a major spolier but just incase you want to no nothing of the book. I have spoilered it..

Its sounding better already! I really don't like the character of

Lena, so I'm glad she doesn't appear

Oh and I am LOVING the Will Trent/ Sara combination. but

I still miss Jeff

I was wondering what would happen.

I was so shocked when Jeff was killed! I thought what's the point in reading on? He was one of my favourite characters :(

Do I need to read Fractured first?

And is there much Lena in it? :lol:

h, so will switch the computer off and read some more in a minute. .

This is my main problem, switching the lappy off :lol: Someone got me addicted to a farming game on Facebook! :irked:Not mentioning any names, ... it was Michelle!!! hehe