What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

I am sooo glad Im not the only one who does this you know....I go into shop for one book and come out with an armful frequently :D

:D I didn't even go in to buy The Reader. I went in for another book but seen The Reader and thought, oh the reading circle I'll get that but then came out with three other books. :blush:

If I could get away with it I would have came out with more than three books though. :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I didn't even go in to buy The Reader. I went in for another book but seen The Reader and thought, oh the reading circle I'll get that but then came out with three other books. :blush:

If I could get away with it I would have came out with more than three books though. :lol:

Shin....I went into Sussex Stationers last week they sell paperbacks a few pounds cheaper as my daughter needed some bits for college and walked out with 5 books :D

Just started the new Stuart B. Macbride book 'Halfhead'...Apparently this was the type of book he always wanted to write but had to establish himself as a crime author first to make his dream come true:lol: So he's added a superfluous initial and set this in the Glasgow of the future instead of contemporary Aberdeen and it's started off magnificently...if slightly weird....

Well I have finally just finished Shake! Only took me 8 days! Shocking for a 400 pager really! Oh well, I enjoyed it and it was something a bit different.

Oh I also ordered Small Island by Andrea Levy from Green Metropolis today (thanks BookJumper for introducing me to that site :D:mrgreen:)

Hi Kylie, hope you are liking the Stephanie Plum series. I have always enjoyed these books. I have read up to "Lean Mean Thirteen".

I am enjoying them quite a lot. I'll definitely be looking out for more books in the series.

I finished Two for the Dough last night and have moved on to A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I'm already 40 pages in and really enjoying it.

Forgot to post books I got for my birthday.

Songs of the Humpback Whale (Jodi Picoult)

The Other Hand ~ Chris Cleave (but I already have it so my sis is getting me something else.

Still reading Second Glance ~ Jodi Picoult , almost there though.

My sis brought the third in Twilight, so my next read will be Eclipse.

I was going to buy this book at the weekend for the reading circle (since I haven't done one yet). But instead I came out with My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, The Beach House by Jane Green and Champagne Kisses by Amanda Brunker. :D

I am sooo glad Im not the only one who does this you know....I go into shop for one book and come out with an armful frequently :D

Ya, bookshops can be unpredictable like that! :blush:

I'm continuing reading Charlaine Harris's All Together Dead. I wasn't too keen on it after reading the first few chapters but now when I'm about 120 pages into the story I cannot wait to see what happens!

Also, this is not any real activity but I remembered that now that it's September, I'm going to get two preordered books in a couple of weeks. The first one to arrive will be Chelsea Cain's Evil at Heart (which was released on 4 September so should be arriving real soon I hope!) and the second will be Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. I'm so excited about both of them!! Especially now that I've promised myself I won't buy any books this month. :D

hey guys i am a fresh poster, i am reading at the mo a book called evolution for everyone by David Sloan Wilson, its a topic which is very interesting to me and i don't know much about it!!!

Yeah I have read about that book. It tries to show how Darwin's theory can be applied to everday life. It is used in some University courses as a core book if I'm right. THe book was breifly talked about in a psychology journal I was reading.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy.