What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

Today I finished Spin by Robert Charles Wilson.

And I read two short books:

Metta: The Philosophy and Practice of Universal Love by Acharya Buddharakkhita, and

Rashomon and Other Stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa.

And I just started Caspar Hauser by Jacob Wassermann.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about half-way through The Day Job by Mark Wallington. He's a scriptwriter - this is the account of how he worked as a gardener whilst waiting for his writing career to take off.

I haven't come across him before (although he's apparently written several successful accounts of his dog, 'Bogie' (in fact, I think I've seen that someone hear is reading one?), which I gather are quite well known) - it was in a bag of books given to my mother-in-law. It's light reading but good so far. :D

I convinced my friend to stop at 1/2 Price Books last night before we went to the show, and I'm so glad we did! He probably wasn't too excited since I did a mini-dance in the isle in front of some other peeps, but who cares, I was excited! :D

Lexie and Gyre (and anyone else whose read this one), I found Bitten by Kelley Armstrong! A hardcover, and I completely lucked out because you guys were just talking about it yesterday and there you are it was on the shelf. I also was excited to find Susan Vreeland's The Forest Lover, and just because it was so cheap I bought the DVD of High Fidelity, one of my fave Cusack movies.

I'm re-reading Seven Ancient Wonders by Mathew Reilly. Gearing up for the third book The Five Greatest Worriors which is released in a few days. I also scored a ticket to go and hear the man himself talk about his work next week which I'm over the moon about I can't wait!

FGW is going to be a great book, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy I have been hooked by all his other works. And the man himself is a great talker I met him a few years ago.

I convinced my friend to stop at 1/2 Price Books last night before we went to the show, and I'm so glad we did! He probably wasn't too excited since I did a mini-dance in the isle in front of some other peeps, but who cares, I was excited! :D

Lexie and Gyre (and anyone else whose read this one), I found Bitten by Kelley Armstrong! A hardcover, and I completely lucked out because you guys were just talking about it yesterday and there you are it was on the shelf. I also was excited to find Susan Vreeland's The Forest Lover, and just because it was so cheap I bought the DVD of High Fidelity, one of my fave Cusack movies.

Yay :lol: Enjoy!! I finished The Reader, and now have read 100 books this year, which is the most I've ever read in one year and it's still only October, good times! :lol: Now I'm starting Katherine Howe - The Lost Book Of Salem ;):D

Yay :D Enjoy!! I finished The Reader, and now have read 100 books this year, which is the most I've ever read in one year and it's still only October, good times! :lol: Now I'm starting Katherine Howe - The Lost Book Of Salem :lol:;)

Yay! Another one reading it. I started it the other day, I am only 70 pages in but It is Ok so far. I am hoping to have a huge reading session later so I can actually get into it.

Just finished reading Daphne du Maurier's short story, The Birds. The story was fun to read and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, even though the ending was a bit of a letdown. With that done, I just started reading Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher. It sure looks exciting!

Oliver Twist is coming through nicely. Every time I finished a chapter, it gets better and better!

I did all of my housework this morning, reading time awaits, I am reading 'Emotional Geology' by Linda Gilliard and I just bought some books from amazon ~

Beauty by Robin McKinley

Spindle's End by Robin McKinley

Touching from a Distance by Deborah Curtis (autobiography on Ian Curtis of 'The Joy Division)

The Vampire's Assistant by Darren Shan

(Its the first three books in one book)

:D

I did all of my housework this morning, reading time awaits, I am reading 'Emotional Geology' by Linda Gilliard and I just bought some books from amazon ~

Beauty by Robin McKinley

Spindle's End by Robin McKinley

Touching from a Distance by Deborah Curtis (autobiography on Ian Curtis of 'The Joy Division)

The Vampire's Assistant by Darren Shan

(Its the first three books in one book)

:D

Yay for Beauty!! :lol: And you'll have to let me know what The Vampire's Assistant is like, I've been thinking about getting it myself

Not much today but yesterday I got three books in the post. Dead until Dark and Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris from here, and The Cure for Death by Lightening by Gail Anderson-Dargatz from Bookmooch. Yay new books!

I had a bit of a book haul today and bought:

*The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory

*Dracula - Bram Stoker

*The Accidental Time Traveller - Sharon Griffiths

*Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice

*Class - Jane Beaton.

They were only

Finished Hunted by P.C. and Kristin Cast.

Updated my TBR list to include my next month reading group book, Keeping The World Away by Margaret Forster (the other book is A Thousand Splendid Suns but I've already read it) and another library book I picked up, The First Person by Ali Smith which is a collection of short stories.

another library book I picked up, The First Person by Ali Smith which is a collection of short stories.
I wish you luck with that, I was made to read some Ali Smith by my crazed creative writing teacher of old and didn't like her at all...!

I wish you luck with that, I was made to read some Ali Smith by my crazed creative writing teacher of old and didn't like her at all...!

I've read some of her other books and liked them a lot - in fact, Boy Meets Girl was one of my favourite books of last year, it was so joyful. I'm trying to read more short stories and came across this one in the library and couldn't resist.