PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

Kate

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I absolutely loved this book (and still do!!!)

I quite enjoyed the movie too, of course not as much as the book, but I wouldn't say that it was as bad as other movies based on books... (I am not actually a fan of movies based on books...)

I loved the film but havent read the book yet, a friend says she will lend it to me, after all your views I'm getting the idea that the book is way way better, I can not wait to read it now :readingtwo::D

You should REALLY read the book!!!

It is just perfect!!! :D

A lady I know was getting rid of some books that her daughter had left behind, and P.S. I love You was one of them, so I've adopted it and hope to read it sometime in the near future! I haven't seen the film. I would like too, but would rather read the book first.

I just watched the film again the other night on Film 4 and have to say although it isn't overly taxing, Gerard Butler gave me some nice eye candy to watch for a while:lurker: and it helped cheer me up a bit. Enjoyed the book too.

I've seen the film, but haven't read the book.

Why? Because, honestly, the film put me off the book. I didn't find the girl character very endearing really. I cried, sure, but I also cry over day-time tv shows like Dr. Phil (if it's the right time of the month or I have a fever), so that hardly says much.

So... it's worth it?

I didn't enjoy this book at all.

I seem to remember Marian Keyes recommended in one of her newsletters and MK normally gives good recommendations so I got a copy and read the back thought that it sounded like an excellent read but then largely found I was forcing myself to read it. In fact I found it quite flat and void of emotion given the circumstances of the relationship. I think I just couldn't connect to the characters in it and found it all to be just a bit too perfect (I realise this isn't a bad thing but its not entertaining either).

I haven't watched the film and after hearing a friends description of it I can't see that I will be watching it either.

I have a couple of other Cecelia Ahern books on my shelf but I am in no hurry to read them.

• 4 months later...

I absolutely loved this book, cried all the way through. And I also loved the film, although it is very sad. It is ideal to read when you need a good cry.

• 2 months later...

I read this book a few years ago and completely loved it! I'd love to read it again but need to remember who I lent it to last haha!

Its a real shame that the film doesnt live it up to the book, it does it no justice and misses out some really good bits!

I'd recommend this book to everybody!!

• 3 months later...

I watched the film first and then read the book, after a few months.

They were two different experiences - there's of course much more that happens in the book.

Neither of them has stayed with me though...!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...