Hello from Kel1

Kel1

Hi all! I don't really know where to start with describing my reading habbits or preferences as I suppose it depends on what day it is! Here are some of the basics.

I am 24 and live in the West Midlands in England I have loved reading since a very young age but much preferred to steal my mothers crime fiction novels to reading age appropriate material. (This turned me into a Particia Cornwell fan from an early age!) I have always wanted to write my own stories (I say stories as I find much more pleasure in reading fiction- I like the fact that anything is possible!) and remember writing lots as a child. I have since become a teacher and, although my passion for reading has never dwindled, my writing stopped through lack of time.

I am currently expecting my first child (we are very excited :lol:) and due to school holidays and my forthcoming maternity leave I thought now would be a perfect time to indulge in my passions a little furthur by joining a book group! :lol:

At the moment I am reading 'Interview with the Vampire' by Anne Rice and plan to follow this with 'The Vampire Lestat' and 'The Queen of the Damned'. I will then be reading the first three stories in 'The Sword of Truth' series by Terry Goodkind as these are my husbands favourite books (the only books he reads to be honest!) and I have never read them! As I work with teenagers I have found a passion for teenage books. Malorie Blackmans 'Noughts and Crosses' trilogy is one of my favourites which I always encourage avid readers to read and in turn, a pupil made me read the 'Twilight' series (and yes, I loved them!) and also the Northen Lights Trilogy.

I can't really think of anything else of any relevance or importance to share with you at this time but if anybody has any questions or just fancies a chat let me know!

(by the way- I received a lovely personal massage on here somehow earlier but now I don't know where it has gone and I dont know how to reply :blush: if anybody knows how to do this please let me know as I quite like the idea of friend lists and personal messages! Thanks)

Kelly xx

Hey Kel1!! Welcome to the Forum!!

I've read Interview With The Vampire and The Vampire Lestat and thought they were amazing! I've got Queen of the Damned on my 'to buy' list. I hope you enjoy them....let me know what you think :lol:

Also, with regards to the message system etc, you need to have 10 posts to be able to message people and I think the same applies for friends too although don't quote me on it!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy too! I work with a woman who is pregnant so it's all baby magazines and cots at the minute :blush:

Have fun!

Thanks! I will soon hit the magic 10 then! I am enjoying the book but must admit I was a huge fan of the film as a child (I usually read the books first!) but I guess we can put that down to age! I am thoroughly enjoying this thread today. Everybody is so friendly and there's so much going on- I must be careful not to lose whole days on here though!

I have been suffering baby brain too :lol: it has been all about prams and nursery furniture and arguing about names- it is actually a relief to have some intelligent conversation!

:lol::006:Hello Kel1. You'll have plenty of time to become addicted to this forum, in that case. What a lovely bunch they are on here! Congratulations on the pregnancy - most of my friends are/have been pregnant of late. I must be shirking in my duties...

(was that too much information? :blush:)

Hello Kelly and welcome to the forum! :irked:

BTW, have you read Kathy Reichs's books? I think they are every bit as good as Cornwell's books if not better. Also, if you still enjoy crime novels you might want to try Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme -series if you haven't already read them :D Just a couple of suggestions. I hope you enjoy the forum :D