True Blood

ScottHughes

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did everyone think about the first episode of season 3?

The Bill/Sam 'moment' was interesting. As was Eric's sex scene in the basement *ahem* :D

Not sure if it's a spoiler but I'll do it just incase anyone hasn't seen series 1/2 or doesn't want to know :D

:D

Interesting's one word for it! I thought the vampire stuff was quite interesting, with the Queen and the Magistrar. And I LOVE Pam, she completely stole the show for me. And of course Eric :D Can't wait for next week now

:lol:

OK I'm thinking about watching this show via - ordering the dvd's from netflix... so I did not read any of the previous posts...

My question is - didn't this show start of as a book? So if this is indeed the case, Should I read the books?

Yes it did and yes you should! Start at the beginning and go right through. I think the 10th book is just out (or just about to be out). The show only very loosely follows the books, but so far season 1 has loosely followed book 1 and season 2 loosely followed bok 2. It looks like season 3 may well follow suit. THere are a LOT of fans hoping that season 4 will be pretty close to the book. :D

The books are better than the show, but in a different way. The show, although not sticking rigidly to the books, is, I believe, quite faithful to the spirit of them, and the characters are cast very well. There's more sex and nudity in the show than in the books too, but I don't think many people complain about that. :D

Yes it did and yes you should! Start at the beginning and go right through. I think the 10th book is just out (or just about to be out). The show only very loosely follows the books, but so far season 1 has loosely followed book 1 and season 2 loosely followed bok 2. It looks like season 3 may well follow suit. THere are a LOT of fans hoping that season 4 will be pretty close to the book. :D

The books are better than the show, but in a different way. The show, although not sticking rigidly to the books, is, I believe, quite faithful to the spirit of them, and the characters are cast very well. There's more sex and nudity in the show than in the books too, but I don't think many people complain about that. :D

Yep to the first point, here's hoping Season 3 and 4 stick quite close to the books. And no-one would mind the amount of nudity and sex when you see the cast, particularly the male cast :D:D

Where is season 3 on??

I think you can watch it on the internet as i've seen a few people on another forum saying they've been watching it. I prefer to wait till it comes on the TV though.

• 1 month later...

My local video store closed down before I got to finish watching S1. :( So today I finally got around to heading across town to visit another store and thankfully they had both seasons 1 and 2 in stock! Now I can get stuck back into the series. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen it just yet, hopefully soon, but I have heard great things! Also, I believe according to Alan Ball, that next series Eric loses his memory and there are witches introduced! :exc:

I've also discovered a new website with loadsa quotes, Jason's are hilarious! :lol:

link

I was a little disappointed at how disjointed season 3 seemed - it jumped all over the place.

And there wasn't enough naked Eric. ;)

And quite a few things happened that don't happen till later in the book series, which may have serious repursuccions for how the TV series runs.

Am now seriously worried about the possibility of the book 4 plot making it into season 4, which is a shame, because that should feature plenty of naked Eric!

Yeah I tend to agree. Too much fairy stuff, which made no sense at all. When we were first shown about Sookie's fairy element my OH started to lose interest. Russell and Jason were as good as ever, as was Eric, but definitely more Eric needed! .. and what happened to Alcide? Shoulda been more of him :irked: Don't even get me started on the Sam storyline ... :rolleyes: