• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lilywhite :irked: Eric is looking mighty fine :smile2:

The 10th book 'Dead in the Family' cover ~

Bookcover.jpg

:cry:2.gif

Oh and check out Alcide :(

Edited by Weave

I know what you mean Chesil, most of my Sookie books have these covers (which I like). :smile2:

The original book cover for 'Dead in the family' ~

51B7bDZmTL_SS500_.jpg

:irked:

I want that version too. The first few books I have are cartoon like that. As much as I love the show, I don't want the TV cover.

I tend to avoid them like your good self Stephanie :smile2:

:smile2:

I won't be surprised if I end up with that one. My first 6 or 7 books have that cartoon cover. Then I have one paperback book with a blonde woman on the front. The 9th and 10th (short stories) are hardback with the blonde woman. It really annoys me that they don't match but I'm not buying the collection again.

All mine are the ones that were re-issued with the photo of a woman on the cover, because they seemed to stop selling the cartoon based ones when I went to buy them. I don't mind too much, but I would like one to tie in with those rather than have a one-off cartoon one, or a pesky TV tie-in one.

:smile2:

I won't be surprised if I end up with that one. My first 6 or 7 books have that cartoon cover. Then I have one paperback book with a blonde woman on the front. The 9th and 10th (short stories) are hardback with the blonde woman. It really annoys me that they don't match but I'm not buying the collection again.

I am same Stephanie, most of mines have the cartoon covers and one (I think) has the girl with the blonde hair, its a lot of money to buy them again :irked:

I would usually steer away from the TV tie in covers of anything but I'm mysteriously drawn to this one.... could it be a certain Mr Northman?? :smile2:

I'm not sure how much reading I would get done though if I only stared at the front cover.

I bought a box set of the first 8 books. The first two have a woman on the cover and the rest are the cartoon covers, which I love. I hope to continue getting the rest of the series with these covers. I don't like TV tie-ins eithers!

I have always liked the cartoon cover, they are cool looking :smile2: If I get the 10th book with the cartoon cover ~ good times! :irked:

Did you notice the release date was pushed back though? It was originally May 27th and it's now been pushed back until June 10th.

And I agree about the covers, it's so silly to keep re-releasing them with different covers. My whole series is the covers with the blonde lady, and I'm annoyed that now it's not going to match (anal I know, but still), I don't understand why they can't stick with one lot of covers, or release two editions so you can get what matches your books.

Did you notice the release date was pushed back though? It was originally May 27th and it's now been pushed back until June 10th.

And I agree about the covers, it's so silly to keep re-releasing them with different covers. My whole series is the covers with the blonde lady, and I'm annoyed that now it's not going to match (anal I know, but still), I don't understand why they can't stick with one lot of covers, or release two editions so you can get what matches your books.

Its not anal at all Lexie, you know what you like, two editions would be the best idea because both of them say 'True Blood' on them in some way :D I wonder how the fans feel who have only read the books? ;)

WHen I originally got the first 4 books, they had the cartoon covers and I hated those. When I got them again (up to book ) I got the ones with the blonde woman on the cover and much preferred them (my sister has them now - LOL!). I have to say, I really like the TV tie-in covers best of all though - who wouldn't want to see Eric every time they look at those books, eh?

Speaking of the show - I know it's a bit early yet, but I'm DYING to see what they do with Quin!